Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Cherkh
My Device: Blackberry Playbook OS 16GB
My Carrier: TracFone

OS Version 2.0.1.668

After downloading the update OS Version 2.0.1.668 the KOBO software will not open the books in my library unless there is WiFi.  Help, I bought Playbook for an e-reader.

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: OS Version 2.0.1.668

You can open books.

There was a topic like this a week ago, but I'll reiterate what I posted.

1 - Open Kobo.
2 - swipe down from the top TWICE to close and open the menu.
3 - Go back to the library.
4 - Open your book.

I'd suggest you email Kobo and tell them. I've done the same - but I'm getting fed up with their buggy-as-heck software on BlackBerry and PlayBook.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Developer
asiayeah
My Device: Z10, Bold 9900
My Carrier: Smartone

Good workaround!

It's more an issue on OS Version 2.0.1.668 than on Kobo. That particular 2.0.1.668 is making lots of applications not working without a wifi connection. Either we wait RIM to offer a new OS upgrade or move to 2.1 beta right now.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
charettt
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: TBay Tel

I recently updated my playbook. I have the 2.1.0.1032 version. Now the books I send to my email, I click attachments, it looks like it is downloading, but then "unable to open" pops up. I have been sending books via email for awhile and have never had probs up until now. Any suggestions on what to do??
Please use plain text.