Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
lesedwards
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogefs

Re: OS Version 2.1.0.1526 issues

how can you rool back. This new update has totally screwed up my browser. I cannot stream video now it just freezes. I have did the security wipe three times. All I want is the previous update back

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Not necessary, but if you want to know, go to crackberry.com

We would recommend a debrick and reload the latest.  It's fine.

What is a debrick? I have reloaded three times and still will not play my streaming video which it played before I updated. I am streaming live Snooker from UK. It plays fine on all wireless devices except for what I want it to play on.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

Debrick is forced reload using usb. How did you reload?

I wiped it started from scratch but the only update is the latest one
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

[ Edited ]

lesedwards wrote:
I wiped it started from scratch but the only update is the latest one

OK then the problem will probably not go away with a debrick. It's probably just another incompatibiltiy with Playbook's browser and the particular website. I can't get into our government website on PB to claim my pension. I have to use Windoze and IE. Even my Mac can't get in.   Some website designers make it difficult for browser developers to keep up, usually in the name of security or DRM. We are stuck with WebKit and Flash on our Playbook browsers. If it won't play it won't play.

If you want to try it., Debrick is below. If you want to downgrade you will have to go to Crackberry.com and google terms like Dingleberry and Playbook Rooting. Not to be recommended unless you want to risk permanent loss of Playbook. 

Debrick:

Backup your data the best way you know how. 

Make sure you know your Blackberry ID and password

Turn Playbook right off (i.e. Shut Down til black)

Download latest Blackberry Desktop Software to your PC or Mac and start it up

The next bit happens very quickly.

Connect the Playbook by USB cable.

If the red light starts to glow or playbook starts up, press the Off button til it goes off.

Because Playbook is off you will get an error message basically saying Retry or Update  (on Mac it  may say Repair rather than Update)

Quickly select the Update (or Repair) option

The Playbook will start to get a new OS that will take al least an hour to download via the PC

Follow the registration process using your current Blackberry ID

Add back your email accounts etc.

Reinstall your apps from App World, My World

My Device: 9000 bold/Os5 / Playbook OS v 2.1.0.1314
My Carrier: att

FIRST !!!!!:Clap: Do not hard drive desktop software, save on external hard drive , ( USB ,) , file then connect PD and download ", PB drivers " , check device mgnt in " windows " for correct driver , then save , delete desktop software from " programs" , windows , open adm and PB connect , works from USB and drivers .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JDSluxOTT
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

I bought my bb playbook back in october of 2012 off of kijiji and it was working very well without bugs. Since I got the 2.1.0.1526 if been dealing with quite some bugs that make the playbook almost un usable. This bugs include ;

1. Every time I get home I have to re enter the internet password (which sucks because it like 20 characters long) because it says its unable to acces ip address.
  2. Sometimes I can't access Internet at all.
  3. Side loaded apps no longer work at all.
  4. Twitter bugs and then closes
  5. Most apps take like a year to open, then it closes
  6. Docs to go no longer lets me make ppt. ( i had to download another app just to make them)
  7. If i have more than one app open amd im not using them, all apps (exept the one i was using) closes.
  8. YouTube app only lets me view very few videos.
  9. Etc.

One of the things that has the most bugs on my playbook is the browser. It got so bad that I ended up downloading another browser which is just as frustrating. Some of these issues are;

1. Videos only work 50% of the time (flash player crashes)
  2. When typing, browser randomly bugs and doesn't type what I want it to type.
  3. 75% of the time i use it, it crashes 
  4. Causes the screen to freeze so bad that i can't even close it.
  5. Etc.

I love my playbook and it's literally my computer since my last one was killed by government virus. :smileysad:

PLEASE help. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

6. There has never been an app to create a ppt, not on 2.x  at any rate. 

The rest of your problems, I don't recognise any of those problems.  I suggest you backup data and security wipe or debrick.  Don't restore app data.

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Docs 2 go used to allow ppt projects. I have about three that I was working on before update that are saved on it. Another app on bbw tht does ppt project is called "createppt". And you can't tell me that you and or other bb playbook users haven't experienced any of those issues that i listed before because im experiencing them now as we speak. Plus Can't really back up my data then security wipe/debrick my playbook because my computer is dead

Please use plain text.