Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 416-222-2222

OS update 2.1.0.1032 now my wifi connection doesn't work properly HELP

My wifi worked perfectly until the recent OS update.  Now I can only get a connection to last for minutes before it stops working.  The green wifi signal will show but it won't actually work.  

Is there anything I can do?  Try to reload the OS update.  I don't know if it makes a difference but I accidentally pressed the standby mode button during the loading of the update.

My Carrier: Telus

Re: OS update 2.1.0.1032 now my wifi connection doesn't work properly HELP

I've experienced the same problem...very frustrating!!!  Anybody with a solution?

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

[ Edited ]

I would say my receiver is 80% as sensitive as it was on 2.0 but had no problems frequently disconnecting and it reconnects as soon as I move back nearer. You should try the usual router changes...

Make sure if you are on 802.11n (wireless N) you have encryption set to WPA2 (AES) 

Or change to 802.11g

Or debrick the playbook in extreme cases and reload the OS.

________
New Contributor
My Carrier: 416-222-2222

I just got mine working again.  I had previously tried rebooting my router by turning it off and then on again.  I mustn't have left it off long enough because I tried it again today and it worked.