Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
lprenevost
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

OS update 2.1.0.1526

Has anyone had issues with the new OS update for the Playbook? I downloaded the update this morning and now I'm having trouble connecting to WIFI?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: OS update 2.1.0.1526

Unplug your router for one minute and then plug it back in again. Then do a reboot of the PlayBook. Check to see if your wifi connects any better. Let us know the results.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pravingupte
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: None

I too updated, but there is no such problem with the new update. Follow the instructions as given by one of our friend. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sdemian
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Mobily SA

I didn't face any problems after the upgrade so far.. But I'm not sure what exactly this is about.. Any body knows what is exactly changed in this release?

Shady E.
Egypt | Saudi Arabia
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Nabollocks
My Carrier: Bell

Hi, first post in this forum.

I just wanted to send a quick message to the folks at BB...

This latest update has made my Playbook function as I always knew it could / should. It blows my mind that this piece of hardware is capable of being upgraded and does not slow down in the process, but on the contrary has sped up substantially. My browser is now lightning quick, my keyboard is now quick to load and does not lag behind my typing, my apps now run much faster and my general user experience has lead me to feel very thankful for my Playbook.

I am absolutely dumbfounded that the Playbook has not sold like hot cakes, especially with the large reduction in price recently. I have got to give BB credit for keeping the platform secure even with the pressure that has been coming from the angry users wishing that their Playbook was an Ipad... 

I am an electrical engineer and have used the Playbook every day since I Purchased it 18 Months ago. I have been very happy with my ability to connect my Playbook to my home / work network via Wifi and fileshare. I regularly download movies and watch them on my TV via HDMI and have used the powerpoint presentation via HDMI in many meetings, using my BB Bold 9700 as a remote.

My BB Bold 9700 connects seamlessly to the Playbook via BB Bridge. I have used this combination whilst traveling the world and have had not one issue with either. I am still surprised by the folks that have not worked out that they have an expansion card in their phone which is easily accessible via BB Bridge... 

As I said before, I am an engineer and I find your model to be almost perfect. Perhaps those who are complaining just do not understand the power of the Playbook?

I used the Z10 the other day in the Bell store and have a sneaking suspicion that my Playbook is already running BB10... Just without the splashscreen... 

Keep up the good work BB.

Ps. Please add USBOTG ASAP to enable my Playbook to upload my photos whilst traveling;  this is my only request.

Cheers and Beers

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kwksti
My Device: Z10 / Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Is this update only for the standard Playbook, i.e. the non 4G LTE versions.... I have a 4G LTE and it says I have the most current OS (not 2.1.0.1568) yet my non 4G LTE version, had a prompt to update to 2.1.0.1568....???

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ankank
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

No problems with my update. But I do have the occasional issue with pubic wifi where the playbook just will not connect to an open network. May need to select connect manually, enter all the details of the network or router then save.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dahurricaneg
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

I also updated my software and it works flawlessly..no problems to report either..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lprenevost
My Carrier: N/A

Tried resetting the router and all works fine now. Thanks for the feedback

Please use plain text.
weeks724
My Device: Playbook, curve
My Carrier: Boost

I've been having problems since the last update,  now with the current update 2.1.0.1526 I was hoping it would solve my slow Internet and slow typing problems I've been having but it only seemed to make it worse. I loved my playbook but now it's starting to make me wish I would have bought something else. It's aggravating I just want to throw it across the room. I have 7g of free storage and 255 mb of free memory is this causing my problem? Some one help before I smash this thing trying to research something for work.

Please use plain text.