Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Sandie_M51
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Bell Canada

OS upgrade issue

Since I upgraded to OS 2.1.0 1032, I have an issue that happens after the tablet has been woken up from standby.

When I first boot up the tablet, everything works perfectly.  Then I usually go to standby rather than turning it off.  When I wake it from standby, any internet account or website that requires a login, will not connect.  I get a variety of different errors:

Facebook:  "Certificate for server graph.facebook.com is invalid.  I have the choice to accept or reject.  Regardless of which I pick, it takes me to an error screen saying my login is incorrect and to try again, ensuring the information is correct.  So, I correctly enter my login and password and get the following error "certificate for server api.facebook.com is invalid.

Yahoo:  'Unknown network error 3RFINA' or 'Unknown network error SSL connect error'

Twitter:  'Unknown network error 3RFINA' or 'Unknown network error SSL Connect error'

Youversion:  'Unknown network error 3RFINA'

Zinio (magazine reader)  System Error.  Please try again later

I am sure there are more accounts...that's just the quick ones i can find.

It looks like it has something to do with the login certificates, but I have no clue how to fix this issue...

Any suggestions would be great.

thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sandie_M51

Re: OS upgrade issue

I am definitely connected to the net, I can go to Appworld and surf the net.  Anything that needs an account login, I cannot access.  I just tried to poll for updates and it tells me I am not connected to the internet, yet I can surf regularily.

A reboot fixes this issue....its just that rebooting takes forever....

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

[ Edited ]

With regards to the web browser, lets start with the easy stuff and check Browser Settings.

1) Swipe down from top bezel towards the ground to reveal a settings button (gear icon)

2) Review all settings for General, Content, Permissions and Privacy & Security

3) Content - Load Images=On, Enable Flash=On, Enable Javascript=On

4) Permissions - Allow Websites to Access My Location = On (I don't have any Domain items listed in my list)

5) Privacy & Security - My settings are Private Browsing = On, Block Pop-ups=On, Accept Cookies=On, Enable Websockets=On, Enable Web Inspector=Off

6) Try Clearing ALL below these settings to clear all the cache and other things the Browser stores. Restart your tablet after you have cleared all.

If this doesn't help, then it's not the web browser but actual tablet security and it starts to become hit and miss as to where a problem could lie.

1)To manage tablet security, by the clock on the desktop of the tablet, there is a gear icon, click on it and scroll the left column down to find Security.

2) Review each section accordingly.

3)  If you feel it is a certificate error, look under certificates. There should be a VERY long list of certificates under All Certificates. Is there on your device? I do not know how to get all the certificates back to default except by reloading the operating system from scratch which is a very long process to achieve and you will lose all data (unless backed up) and have to reload all downloaded or sideloaded applications.

If you wish to go that route then you will need to download and install Desktop Management software from RIM onto your PC and then come back here and I will give you specific instructions on how to reload the OS from scratch.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

I found another thread in a different forum by a user who was/is experiencing the same error you are. Might wish to look at his thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/playbook-wifi-error-3rfina-720826/

There is no direct answer unfortunately that I can find. I think you might need an OS reload.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sandie_M51

Thanks for your reply...I am confused however.  I swipe down from the top and there is no gear symbol.  The gear symbol is permanently on the top by the power icon, wifi, bluetooth etc.  I cannot seem to find settings with content, security, etc.....

thanks

Sandie

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

[ Edited ]

Sorry, when your web browser is running...swipe down from the top within the program.

I am also still researching other threads to see if a real solution has been posted. None yet...

There is a problem with SSL certificates. I am leaning towards a total OS restoration. Not to be confused with a security wipe...

Update: I have also stumbled upon this thread KB26515 How to import security certificates: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=DD2074A55BA0A41C2F1BD88D2DDA2E6F?...

I am still leaning towards a full on wipe of the device...but that's just me. I will update this if I find anything else.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sandie_M51

Ok, I did everything and am rebooting the device.  I have to let it go into sleep mode for a while, before I see if it worked or not.  I, like you, am leaning toward the reinstall.  Will let you know.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

[ Edited ]

Restore OS Instructions from Scratch - WARINING, YOU WILL LOSE ALL UNBACKED UP DATA.

This whole process will take about an hour to do. Make sure your PlayBook is fully charged up too. Be sure and note your BlackBerry ID information on a piece of paper as you will need this once more at the very end of this procedure to reinitialize your PlayBook.

1. Turn off the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
  2. Using a PC or Mac, open BlackBerry Desktop Software ( download it here if you need to http://ca.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html )
  3. Using the USB cable, connect the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet to your computer:
    • If prompted, enter your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet password
  4. A dialog will appear stating BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot connect to your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. When this appears, click “Update”.
    • Note, this dialog will disappear when the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet boots up completely. If this occurs, disconnect the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and repeat the previous steps to get the dialog to appear again.
  5. Enter your email address or uncheck “Yes, email me when updates are available”.
  6. Depending on which version of BlackBerry Desktop Software you are using select one of the following options:
    • BlackBerry Desktop Software for PC, click “Install”.
    • BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac, click “Repair”.

After clicking one of the above options, your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet should download the most recent OS build  of the BlackBerry PlayBook OS. After the OS is restored, you’ll be presented with the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet Setup Wizard, which will allow you to setup the tablet again.

Enter your Blackberry ID information once more.Test the same sites you were having difficulty with previously to ensure the certificate problem has been resolved. If it has, then jump for joy and proceed further...

Commence with redownloading applications from App World and sideload any Android apps.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sandie_M51

Looks like a reload is in order.  Will do it tomorrow.  Thanks for your help so far and I will let you know how it goes.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sandie_M51

Reload did not work.  Am going to do it again, this time I will not apply the OS update. :catsad:

Please use plain text.