Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: OS upgrade issue

Sandie_M51 wrote:

Reload did not work.  Am going to do it again, this time I will not apply the OS update. :catsad:

That's not good...are you under warranty?

I would call RIM technical support and tell them you've done both a security wipe and full desktop manager OS restore several times without success and you still get the 3RFINA certificate error. See what they say and hopefully send it in for repairs. If I were you, I'd capture screenshots of this error occuring from within your browser (or any application) that you experience this. To do this, press down both volume up and volume down buttons on the PlayBook at the same time. Screenshots will go into your camera folder and can be accessed within the pictures application. I'd capture a few to show the error as it appears on screen when you browse. It will hopefully help. Make sure you mention that you have screenshots of this in action if they wish for you to send them in.

By the way, here are the techical support contact numbers:

North America Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377

UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466

Europe: +44 1753 558400

Worldwide: +1-647-426-1108

Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. If you get this solved or even if you send it in for repairs, could you please report back to this thread with your results? It will help others.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sandie_M51
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Thanks for the effort.  will contact them and see what they say.  Will post later for sure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sandie_M52
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Bell

Sorry for the new user name....long story...will post in general area on that one.

Ref my playbook.  RIM determined it was a hardware issue that the wifi would disconnect and reconnect on its own.  So...it has gone for repair.  Glad they are doing it under warranty and won't cost me a penny.  If it did...I would have bought the next size up for a good price!

Thanks for all the suggestions.  Much appreciated!

Please use plain text.