Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
rmcdibm
My Device: Playbook, Torch 2
Accepted Solution

OS2 not connecting to Calendar. Everything else OK.

When I try to connect to my blackberry calendar I get a message "There are no active Contact services set up on your BlackBerry smartphone".

I can get all the other bridge services such as my e-mail, bbm, ,contacts, etc. Just not calendar.

When I first upgraded to OS2, I think I was able to access the calendar (but I'm not 100% sure). I know that I had subsequently added my g-mail and linkedin accounts so I deleted those thinking they may be related to the problem. But that didn't seem to help.

I noticed someone had the same problem back in May but no resolution was posted. So this may not be OS2 related but simply triggered by the upgrade.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MicTemplar
My Device: Playbook and Torch9800

Re: OS2 not connecting to Calendar. Everything else OK.

[ Edited ]

I updated my playbook  to OS 2 yesterday and I have exactly the same problem than you.....not able to access any more the calendar on my smartphne ( BB Torch 9800 ). Find it a bit frustrating ! No solution found yet...if any ?

Please use plain text.
Blaine0628
My Device: Bold 9730

I downloaded OS2 last week when it came out.....I use my calendar everyday during the week.  Came back to it today and am getting the message that my smartphone is not configured for contacts.   Everything was working fine until this morning.  Seems odd it would work for 5 days then just not. 

Ok while I am typing this I pulled the battery on the phone and now the calendar is working....what the ?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rmcdibm
My Device: Playbook, Torch 2

The battery pull did it. Thanks.

But I'm with you .... "what the...?". If I can find out more, I'll post here. 

I hate doing battery pulls - especially on the torch models as I'm sure that weakens the back cover latches and then the back starts sliding around. That's what happened to my original torch.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MicTemplar
My Device: Playbook and Torch9800

I did the same thing than you guys..remove my smartphone battery...and the problem was solved !

:Clap: Thanks for the trick..even if I still do not understand what is the magic behind !

Please use plain text.