Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
uvp
New Contributor
My Device: Non-BB user
My Carrier: Vodafone

Official Twitter app from BlackBerry

Hi,

I added a Twitter account through the Accounts page in the Settings. That way, Im shown only the Direct Messages. Unable to find my twitter timeline. 

Is there an official Twitter app from BlackBerry for the PlayBooks on the AppWorld. I find that coming preloaded on Z10 smartphones but not on PlayBooks. I am not preferring to download other 3rd party apps. What are the possible risks of sideloading an app? I prefer to download the official app for Playbook from the online store. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Official Twitter app from BlackBerry

uvp wrote:

Hi,

I added a Twitter account through the Accounts page in the Settings. That way, Im shown only the Direct Messages. Unable to find my twitter timeline. 

Is there an official Twitter app from BlackBerry for the PlayBooks on the AppWorld. I find that coming preloaded on Z10 smartphones but not on PlayBooks. I am not preferring to download other 3rd party apps. What are the possible risks of sideloading an app? I prefer to download the official app for Playbook from the online store. 

Most western countries have local bundles added on setup which includes a Twitter app. (it's the first one I delete after a wipe and setup). So unless you live in oppressive regimes you should have got the nasty little blue birdy on home page.

Friends who tweet recommend Blaq ( £1.50 in UK)

My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10 / Passport
My Carrier: O2 UK

There is (on mine) a Twitter Short Cut pre installed on the home screen of the PlayBook.  This however will only allow you to view mobile Twitter. There was a url trick that could change this to full Twitter but Twitter put a stop to this across several platforms apparently for security reasons.  I recommend you download the Origami Browser from BlackBerry World. This will allow you to view the full version of Twitter as though on a pc. Works well for me. 

BlackBerry is for Life, not just for Christmas
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

uvp wrote:

Hi,

I use BLAQ for both the PlayBook and the Z10, and it is very good and easy to use on both platform

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Fido

Blaq is the definitive best Twitter client on PlayBook and BB10