11-24-2012 02:21 PM
I have never been able to get my PB to work via the USB cable, meaning I have had to do all file transfers through wi-fi , which is incredibly slow. Here is what I have tried plus some notes:
- Driver appears to be correctly installed in Device Manager. I tried to uninstall and reinstall (when I do the reinstall I can see the PB as a mounted CD drive, this is the only time I can see this)
- I tried turning off all firewalls etc - still won't work.
- When I plug it in, Windows say 'Blackberry device PIN XXXX has been connected to the system, initialising device access' followed by 'your device is ready to use'. Still won't work, don't see any mounted drives in My Computer either.
- In the BB software itself, my PB appears in the 'Device' menu. When I click on it it just goes to 'Connecting' in the bottom right and stays in this mode indefinitely.
- The one time I did manage to get it to connect, it said 'A problem occurred while attempting to connect to your Blackberry Device' and switched back to 'Connecting' again. I've attached a screenshot of this.
- Blackberry device manager appears in my task files, doesn't display any issues. PB appears in there as a 'Connected Device'. From the 'About' menu in there:
* BlackBerry Device Manager Version 18.104.22.168
* BBDevMgr Version 22.214.171.124
* RIM USB Driver Version 126.96.36.199
* PlayBook RNDIS Driver Interface Version 188.8.131.52
* RIM USB Serial Device Version 184.108.40.206 (I think ,it's hard to see this one)
- I am on Windows 7.
- One thing I have noticed is that Windows appears to search for the latest Driver through Windows Update everytime I connect it. Again I don't know if this is normal.
- I noticed only one error on the PB itself saying 'Unable to charge battery with connected source'
- There is no issue with the USB cable, I use it for other things.
- The only other thing worth noting is that my PB must take over 5 minutes to boot up. I don't know if this is normal or not...
11-24-2012 04:44 PM
That unable to charge message is one new to 2.1 and simply warns that pc usb at 500mA is not enough to do a decent charge. Ignore it.
What version of Desktop Software do you have, I can't tell from your list. I believe the latest for windoze is 7.1?
Did you try to map a drive to your playbook like map drive z to \\xxxxxxxxxxx\Media where xxxxxxxxis the "Tablet Network Name" or the 169.x.x.x usb ip address.
11-24-2012 09:27 PM
BB software is version 220.127.116.11. Should be the latest version. Tbh it has never worked on any version ever!
I did manage to get it working mapping the drive using the USB IP address though! I guess this will have to do. Tbh I'd rather just have it set up like a normal drive than use the BB software itself...