Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
nitinsudame
My Device: playbook-2CD3 & smartphone blakeberry 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Opening of .TXT files in Playbook

Appreciate your solution. It works when you access the mail thru gmail/browser. But not a very convinient method to save it , change extension and open it every time. And if smartphone is able to open the text attachment directly, there must be way out for Playbook as well.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

nitinsudame wrote:

Appreciate your solution. It works when you access the mail thru gmail/browser. But not a very convinient method to save it , change extension and open it every time. And if smartphone is able to open the text attachment directly, there must be way out for Playbook as well.

Sometimes unfortunately Playbook does not have a way, for example try to attach a .bak file to an email. 

Try free appAIR Browser or paid for text editor app Lite Pad to open txt files from the downloads folder.

My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: 3 (Three-UK)

Hopefully a playbook update may come around fixing this problem and adding support for .txt files.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to like someone's post if it was useful!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

I just used my hotmail to send my gmail account an email with a .txt file attached. I opened the email, tapped the txt attachment and it opened in the browser to read.

I can save it (to Downloads) and also edit it using the very inexpensive Lite Pad app. Not sure what the problem is with that workaround, unless spending a dollar is a step too far.

My Device: playbook, torch, DevAlpha
My Carrier: 7783228812

Cannot really do it without sideloading some Android apps
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

qjunj666 wrote:
Cannot really do it without sideloading some Android apps

What?? No! Please read my post just before your comment.

My Device: Using VZW Q10, new Z30, Two Z10's, Playbook, came from 9930 before
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless, AT&T

Can you please tell me how to find the Lite Pad app on the Playbook.  I've searched every which way I can think of and can't find it.

John Hanks
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

jhanks64 wrote:

Can you please tell me how to find the Lite Pad app on the Playbook.  I've searched every which way I can think of and can't find it.

Oh dear neither the app nor the vendor  is listed any more, nor is yobmedia.com who produced it in Malaysia. 

It is still in my MyWorld and I use it occasionally to change web pages, but that does not help you unfortunately.  Can't send it you or anything. Type "text" into the App World search bar and try a few apps that look like being a text editor. Gen.text looks promising but it's your dollar and it may be spent in vain!