Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: 9780 & Playbook
My Carrier: Telstra
Accepted Solution

Outlook Calendar to 9780 synch problems

Each time I synchronise my 9780 with my Outlook 2010 Calendar (on PC), all past appiointments are deleted from my 9780. This has only occurred for the past 3 months or so but is a problem I need to resolve before the new working year starts.

The second Outlook synch problem I experience is that I can only synch in one direction ... from Outlook to my 9780. (My Outlook Calendar has around 2,500 entries and when I have synching set for both directions it hangs at around 1,700 appointments ... which is why I have set it to only one direction).

Tahnk you for any assistance.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Outlook Calendar to 9780 synch problems

In the Organizer Sync options there is a setting to tell it whether to sync all entries or just future entries.

As for the sync error you'll have to find the calendar event that is hanging up the process. That is not always easy.

Can you determine if it's an event in Outlook or on the device that is causing the problem? Getting a look at the logs might help:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB01451
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: 9780 & Playbook
My Carrier: Telstra

John, many thanks. Prior to revisiting the DM settings I uploaded the latest version of DM and then adjusted the settings and now all is well again. There was also no hanging. Thank you so much for your assistance.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Glad to hear!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!