Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
Longcove
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: BellAliant

OverDrive media and Dictionary Pro in conflict?

Hi: I downloaded the OverDrive Media Console for this is what my Public Library recommended. It linked up to Library and worked perfectly. Then I installed Dictionary Pro, it worked but is a waste of money.

I deleted Dictionary Pro.

Now when I tap the OverDrive icon instead of opening as per usual I get a screen which says "Recent Applications' and it has two icons, OverDrive and the Dictionary. At this point nothing works.

I deleted and reinstalled both programs and get the same thing.

All other apps work as before.

Any ideas please?

Thanks.

Donald

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Longcove
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: BellAliant

Re: OverDrive media and Dictionary Pro in conflict?

Hi: I got this reply from the Dictionary person. It doesn't explain why the PB should freeze! Can it not cope with more than one Android app working at the same time?

I took the really simple approach and wiped the PB clean.

But it is useful to know about this problem. It would also be useful if Android ported apps were flagged before you buy the app. It would make life easier.

Donald

Some apps for Blackberry Playbook are Android apps that have been ported, in your case, Dictionary and Overdrive. In order to run them, the Playbook launches an Android runtime, which is why all Android apps show up in one window instead of seperate ones.

This is a common problem with the Playbook. The only solution I have found is to do a restart of the device, which also restarts the Android runtime and will fix your problem.
Please use plain text.