Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
dymd3z
My Device: BlackBerry Play Book

PB NOT WORKING AFTER "REPAIR"

I just got my PlayBook back from "repair" and my volume buttons don't work, the camera doesn't work, and when I go to pictures it doesn't work either. I don't know what to do, this hard reboot things doesn't work and my warranty has run out about now. But if they send it back and it's still an overpriced paperweight, shouldn't they take it in again and fix it proper? I used to be proud RIM was a Canadian company, now I'm just ashamed... 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dymd3z
My Device: BlackBerry Play Book

Re: PB NOT WORKING AFTER "REPAIR"

I don't know what to do anymore, anyone suggest anything? From what I see RIM doesn't even have any support team monitoring these forums to help us.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If you just received it back from RIM repair and it's not working properly then call them up and let them know. I'm sure they'll take care of it. I've only heard good things about RIM warranty repair/replacement on the Playbook so this sounds a little odd.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

[ Edited ]

I got a similar experience, I had mine sent to replace a cracked screen, they charged me $150 for the repair, and instead of repairing it they set a replacement, and the replacement can not be ACTIVATE, and I found out that it is registered in RIM database as stolen, and there is nothing that I can do because when I call the support number all they tell me is that I can sent it back to them for testing, the testing would cost me another $150 and then they would send it back to me in the same state ie. not ACTIVATE

If after testing they decide that it can be exchange, then that would cost me $300.

In the end this repair would cost me more then what I apid for the device when I bought it in April 2011

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That is the first I've ever heard of anything anywhere close to that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

John_Clark wrote:
That is the first I've ever heard of anything anywhere close to that.

Well that is what the support have told me that they can do

BTW I found out from a contact outside of support in RIM that the Playbook is registered as stolen, support are always telling me that they do not know what the error is, but the offered me what I just said above, and they are generously paying for the shipping

PS. I have absoulutely no recourse in this because the support center is in the USA and I am in Canada

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.