Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
machivv
My Device: PlayBook

Re: PB Power up problem

You could also have a look at this, which describes your issue quite well i guess :

BlackBerry PlayBook fails to boot and displays flashing red LED in sequence blink blink pause

go to : http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26748

Please keep us informed!!

Contributor
aaliceinw
My Device: BB playbook, BB Curve 9300

The problem was resolved when I used the BB usb cable and plugged it into the Macbook. I have a VM installed for work, which operates under MS. The PB did not respond to the Mac but immediately booted up once I had booted up the VM.

The battery was completely flat. I switched off all radio activities, bluetooth, wi-fi etc. The PB started to charge again. And it is also charging with the wall charger again too.

Happy to say, problem resolved without losing a thing :smileywink:
Contributor
strathdee
My Device: Playbook

Fascinating how the link to the article doesn't work anymore - just like my three month old Playbook - OUCH!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

strathdee wrote:

Fascinating how the link to the article doesn't work anymore - just like my three month old Playbook - OUCH!

You posted in a ten month old thread... KB articles change and are updated.

Here's the most recent...  Article ID: KB26748 BlackBerry PlayBook tablet fails to boot and displays flashing red LED in sequence blink blink pause

**Hint, if you need help, please ask. Sarcasm isn't ALWAYS the most effective way to get assistance.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
strathdee

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Sorry for the sarcasm, had been looking around the site for quite awhile without finding any answers.

I had already seen the article in question, but it doesn't resolve the problem, as my battery is now fully dead.

I have learned, to my chagrin,from browsing various parts of the BB site, that letting battery get below 20% is a bad idea, but neither I nor my daughters, who are the primary Playbook users, had been aware of that, nor the fact that the PB won't charge while turned off.

Any suggestions on how to resolve and resuscitate most gratefully received.

I now get the red light, followed by thre short yellow blinking lights, then nothing.

JSanders

Gotcha, ok.

Some users have tried the following solutions..., and yes the last may seem convoluted, but there are several posts here in the Forum saying it worked...

Try them in this order:

!) Try this, while connected to your charger. Press and hold the Power key, up and down volume (-/+) all three buttons simultaneously, for about 10-12 seconds. You should the red LED blink and that should allow a reset of the PlayBook and to power up.

2) If your PlayBook is completely unresponsive and restarting has no effect, follow this procedure to "debrick" the device.
--Connect to BlackBerry Desktop Software and powercycle (turn off, then back on) the playbook while clicking on update in Desktop Software.
This will let the Desktop Software think the PlayBook is bricked and will download the OS from RIM direct and debrick it.

3)

1- Press the powerbutton for about 20 seconds
2- Charge PB for 2 minutes (use stopwatch)
3- Disconnect powercable for 8 seconds
You have to repeat step 2 and 3 total of 10 times. Then reboot by pressing power and + key for 22 seconds.
Other users have reported this reset their device and got it working.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
strathdee

I have tried all three steps in order as suggested - still stuck with the same situation. When I press the power button, a red light comes on, followed by three or four flashing yellow lights, then nothing - Does not seem to want to charge. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

JSanders

1. Try a different charger.
  2. Call your warranty support number.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
strathdee

thanks- turns out the USB port was installed upside down, and no serial number on the unit either, so I'll scramble to see if there is any serial number info on the original packaging. If so, sounds like they will repair or replace.

JSanders

strathdee wrote:

thanks- turns out the USB port was installed upside down,

Turn your USB plug upside down. :smileywink:

strathdee wrote:

and no serial number on the unit either, so I'll scramble to see if there is any serial number info on the original packaging. If so, sounds like they will repair or replace.

Options > About > Serial number, What's there.

It's also on the white sticker on the box, above the barcode.

Where did you purchase this unit?

Knowledge Base Updates