Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
scocam
My Device: Playbook 16
Accepted Solution

PB and Netflix

Issue #4

this is a big issue and would like RIM to address .

I have a netflix (Canada) account and the live stream from Netflix is not supported on the broweser

messge from Netflix

-----------------------------------------------

Our appologies - streaming is not supported for your operating ssytem.

Note that your computer Internet browser is fully capatible with adding files to the Instant Queue for watching later on a compatible devices

--------------------------------------------------

then lsits the requirements teh standard Windows and Mac jargon.

I woudl like to see RIm adress this with a fix that would allow live stream from netflix..

Scott

eastcoastcreative
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: PB and Netflix

It's not just a Canadian issue.., same here in the US, but for now Netflix is recognizing the Playbook browser as a mobile browser and not what it requires.

I do suspect soon either Netflix or a third party developer will develop an appropriate application to handle Netflix streaming.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
scocam

[ Edited ]

this is not a third party problem to resolve it's a RIM problem with there web browser that infact it does nto not meet the requirement to simply play a live video stream. I had teh same issue with Chrome a while back and recieved teh same message...shortly after Chrome was update miraculously Netfilx plays in Chrome...

RIM please address this it definitely a big plus for all PB owners

eastcoastcreative
Regular Contributor
scocam

read another post that it is both a netflix issue and RIM RIM needs to beable to install silverlight in order for Netflix to work and netfkix needs to make the site accessible to PB tht's my understanding

eastcoastcreative
Contributor
TFcuse
My Device: Blackberry PlayBook

You answered your own question with...
"shortly after Chrome was update miraculously Netfilx plays in Chrome"...
brand new product, impossible to see all the angles until they are brought into the light, with silverlight...
Patience young grasshopper
Regular Contributor
scocam

hahahahahaha LMA Hopper (LMAO)  hahahahaaha

eastcoastcreative
Contributor
sierra5
My Device: PlayBook and 9900

Hi

I am also a canadian Netflix subscriber and contacted Netflix about this question. They assured me they are working on a solution right now.

enjoy the PlayBook!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

scocam wrote:

this is not a third party problem to resolve it's a RIM problem with there web browser that infact it does nto not meet the requirement to simply play a live video stream.

Wrong, the Playbook browser does indeed meet the requirements to simply play live video streams (just not through Silverlight)..

I use it with Amazon video streaming, and other websites, such as my church's live services broadcast.

Can't wait for Netflix and Playbook to get it straight, too.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
gitmoslave
My Device: Playbook, Torch

they use silverlight. untill its on pb no netflix for you.
TonyWilliams65
My Device: playbook

I just got my playbook and I'm disappointed that  we can not stream video from Netflix, Hulu or Slingbox on the device .  All three website has been around a long time and should have had an app already for the Playbook.  How long ago was the Playbook released?  However, I don't see this happening anytime soon with all the news that Blackberry is dead.  I still have 30 days to return my purchase.   It's not the device's fault.  It's able to perform streaming videos but the developers has to make an app for them.  Did I mentioned too that I get chain link face on some videos where it's suppose to play.