Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
mterry1
My Device: playbook 16G

PB "Hangs" during password entry

Hi,

I've been using the same password for my PB for several months and for seemingly no reason, my PB doesn't accept the password anymore.  I have made no changes to my PB other than to add a couple of links to trusted web sites.

My PB now mentions that I'm attempting to enter my password for the sixth (6 out of 10) times, accepts input (while showing the entered characters!!!) and doesn't do anything after confirming my entry. It doesn't even increases the attempt counting (sticks at 6)...

I have tried the hard reset but is didn't help.

Does anyone have a solution?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

Re: PB "Hangs" during password entry

[ Edited ]

That's unusual behaviour. So no password changes or recent os updates I presume. First thing is try to backuo yiur data. Make sure you have latest desktop software loaded to your computer. Connect PB to computer with usb and pray that you can access and/ or backup the data.

Having done that, debrick the playbook and reload the operating system. This will delete all your data!!!  I have no idea how else to recover this situation.  

Debrick...

Make sure you know your Blackberry ID and password
If you can, backup important data. Preferably by wifi share drag n drop.
Turn Playbook right off (i.e. Shut Down)
Ensure you have the latest Blackberry Desktop Software to your PC or Mac and start it up
Connect the Playbook by USB cable.
If the red light starts to glow press the Off button.
Because Playbook is off you will get an error message basically saying Retry or Update  (on Mac it says repair rather than Update)
Quickly select the Update (or repair) option
The Playbook will start to get a new OS that will take a good hour to download via the PC
Follow the registration process using your current Blackberry ID
(at this point test your problem again)
Add back your email accounts etc.
Reinstall your apps from App World, My World. 
Copy back your data.
(test your problem again)

You may lose data permanently!

________
Please use plain text.