Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: None

PB setup issue

I am trying to update playbook since 2-3 weeks using wifi connection. It fails at around 200-250 MB. It displays that internet disconnected and retrying download in background but after sometimes it says unable to install. Many times the 480 MB update finishes in just 2 minutes and when begin to install it says unable to install.

I found in support forums that it can also be updated through Desktop manager. I downloaded the latest version and tried to update it as explained in forums. It checks for the update and shows that OS 2.1 update available(update that is released yesterday) and when i clicked on install button it shows that "an error occurred, please check your internet connection and retry". I have tried using a wifi connection as well as EVDO connection but it shows same error.

Also when I tried to connect playbook through an ad-hoc wifi connection created through laptop, it doesn't recognise it. PLease help me.

Thanks in advance

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: PB setup issue

Hi Pranshu,

You can check the below blog article on how to setup PlayBook for the first time -

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Thanks...but that article only lists general steps. But since my update is not getting completed neither through wifi nor through DM hence it is not working for me.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Ad hoc networks do not work with the PlayBook. I would guess your router settings are the problem. Try using 802.11g. Wireless mode WPA2 Personal. Data encryption AES/PSK. Set these also on the PlayBook.
If you cannot access these settings, go to a place that has an Open WiFi signal. Do your upgrade there.
New Contributor

But what about DM. It shows An error has occurred while downloading software for your device. Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists. I have tried registering ole32.dll file through command prompt but that also didn't work.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

try a reboot of the router. there is some kind of time out occurring.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.