Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
femjock7
My Device: playbook 32gb

PB - will not charge

Hi.  I have a PB that is about 3 years old and it will not charge.  I can not seem to insert the micro-usb end into my PB properly.  I have noticed for some time that it does not seem to full charge when it was charging.  What should I do?

Thanks.

Contributor
BBTrev
My Device: Z30 STA100-3, Z10 STL100-4, PlayBook, 9930, 9630

Re: PB - will not charge

Does either the charger or the USB port appear to be physically damaged? Or is it connecting fine, but not charging the PlayBook?

Contributor
femjock7

It's hard to tell. should the USB symbol on the cord be facing up or down? The male connector on the PB does seem not to be facing directly forward but it's not really bent? Does that make sense?
Contributor
BBTrev
My Device: Z30 STA100-3, Z10 STL100-4, PlayBook, 9930, 9630

The logo should be up, and it should only connect one way with a very slight "click" feeling, so it shouldn't pull out easily, it should take a slight tug. If it's able to plug in either direction one of your connections is damaged.

Just throwing this out there, and don't take offense as it may seem silly, just that I'm not there and trying to cross out any possible errors - The PlayBook USB port is in the middle, HDMI-out and rapid charger connections are to the left and right respectively (assuming the screen is facing up).

Contributor
femjock7

Yep! Using USB port:smileyhappy: **bleep**...is it even worth fixing? Does BB even do repairs anymore?
Contributor
hlc2012
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

Why not use the rapid charger instead?

Contributor
femjock7

Great idea! Forgot about that. Thanks for your help.