Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16gb

PB will not communicatel with desktop software

Ok, this is driving me nut!  For whatever reason, when I hook PB to usb, the desktop software fails to communicate with the PB.  The software does recognize that the PB is connected, but can not get it to recognize anything else.  I have tried dturning off PB then connecting it, that does not work either.  Keep getting same error over and over.  "Blackberry Desktop Software can not communicate with the connected device."  Gives options to retry, update or cancel.  I have actually gotten it to work 2 times out of about 25-30 attempts.  The last time I got it to work, all syncs worked flawless.  Retried to do this process again about 3 hours later, and guess what NOTHING works again.  Have tired changing the file sharing properties and desktop manager, did not help.  Can not figure this out PLZ advise

Chuckie

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: PB will not communicatel with desktop software

Hello chuckie,

Uninstall the Desktop Manager from your computer and ensure your PC reboots.

Download a new installation package from www.blackberry.com/desktop and ensure your PlayBook is not connected when installing. After the installation completes, reboot your PC.

After the reboot completes, launch the Desktop Software and then connect your PlayBook.

Ensure you eject your PlayBook when you are ready to disconnect it.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!