Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780 & PB
My Carrier: orange

PB wont switch on!

My PB wont switch on! I hadn't used it for about a month and now it wont turn on! Ive tried all the resets...holding down power button&volumme buttons etc and nothing! When the charger is plugged in the led light flashes red twice every 5seconds! Any ideas whats wrong with it?
Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: PB wont switch on!

A couple of thoughts:. Are you using the correct charger?  The PB will not charge properly with your phone charger but requires the higher-powered charger that came with the PB.

Also, your battery may be in "seal" voltage (below 2.8 volts) which requires connecting to a charger for up to 3 hours before normal charging (pulsing yellow light) begins.  RIM states that if you still have no response after connecting to a charger for 4-6 hours, attempt to force a boot by holding down the power button alone for 20 seconds. 

More info here:. KB27705

Good luck. 

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Red Z10, 32GB PlayBook, Numerous Android/WP8/FirefoxOS/Other devices
My Carrier: T-Mobile

The double LED flash - I got that once and had to do a recovery using Desktop Manager. Luckily I had a recent backup.

Check the instructions here if you need help: http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2011/11/downgrade-playbook-os/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Contributor

Ive plugged it into desktop manager and it says 'blackberry desktop software cannot communicate with device'
Developer
My Device: Red Z10, 32GB PlayBook, Numerous Android/WP8/FirefoxOS/Other devices
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Connect the PlayBook to your PC.
Launch Desktop Manager.
Hold the power button on the PlayBook down for 20+ seconds (the flashing should stop).
Keep an eye on Desktop Manager. If it doesn't give you a repair prompt within a minute or two, press the power button on the PlayBook.
If nothing happens still, or you get a "cannot communicate" error, try again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Contributor

Still nothing Smiley Sad