Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook

PDF problems Downloading

Hi...

I just got my Playbook last night and I love but...

I wanted to read a PDF course text from my uni website. I clicked it, it asked me to save it. I saved it, nothing opened. I flick to the top browser menu, shows no downloads.

I downloaded a file manager and can't find the file anywhere...

Any ideas where my PDF has got too?

Trusted Contributor

Re: PDF problems Downloading

Uhm, that's odd... are you using wifi, and the regular PB browser, or are you bridging the pb with a bb smartphone?
Contributor
My Device: 9330 3G

Have you tried to open the browser you used, then swipe down from the top, and go to downloads folder? It may be in there. Or you might be able to open it by running the pdf file and browse files, if it saved that is.

New Contributor

I have gone to the downloads bit in the browser and I have nothing

Cant find anything saved in file manager. Doing it over high speed wifi not a bridge....

Cant figure it out at all

Trusted Contributor

Can you try to get another pdf from another site? Could be some sort of problem the browser has with that particular site. Let me find a pdf that works, brb.
New Contributor

Have to get it from my uni website.

I downloaded it on my home PC and transferred to playbook and can open... will try another couple of websites tonight to see if i have similar issues...

Trusted Contributor

Ok, write
pdf file test
on google (on the pb browser. Go to the first link that appears, called "This is a PDF File Test Page". Click on it, swipe down, press downloads, press Open File. Did it work?

Oh, another thing, how big was the original pdf file you wanted? The pb seems to have a problem with big files...
Trusted Contributor

"I downloaded it on my home PC and transferred to playbook and can open..." In that case, it may be a problem that the browser has with your particular website. If you need to get more pdf files from your uni website let me know, 'cause there's a workaround you can use if you have a dropbox account. Let me know if you want to know more about it.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB

The file IS downloaded. The browser shows up blank, but open adobe reader and you will see the file in the downloads folder (i think).
-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------
Regular Contributor
My Device: torch 9800

mmm did you check apps permition?

the path is options>security>applications permitions> select adobe reader

edit to allow app to access files stored on playbook, dont forget to save