Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
wordznpics
My Device: Bold 9700, Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

PLAYBOOK EXHIBITS ERRATIC OPERATION WHILE CHARGING

I've noticed that my Playbook 32g operates in a bizarre manner when connected to the fast charger supplied with the unit. It seems to be largely insensitive or erratic to touch commands.

It seems to be less of a problem when hooked up to a standard USB, for some reason.

I've read that this is the result of a grounding problem.  Don't know if that's true, or if there is a fix.

If it's a product defect, is there any way of getting it corrected under warranty protection?

Any clarifications appreciated.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: PLAYBOOK EXHIBITS ERRATIC OPERATION WHILE CHARGING

Power supply is most likely the issue. It isn't a true DC output aka dirty signal. Happened to mine when using wife's LG charger on my playbook or torch 9860. So it might be faulty. Call warranty support and charge while off for now.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kinjalbanerjee
My Device: Playbook Wi-Fi 16GB
My Carrier: N/A

Re: PLAYBOOK EXHIBITS ERRATIC OPERATION WHILE CHARGING

[ Edited ]

Erratic / unresponsive touchscreen behaviour during charging generally points to a faulty charger.

Contact Warranty now.

I know from personal experience that no such problem should occur while charging, and the Playbook is perfectly usable during this time.

To clarify, the problem does occur when ground currents appear on the USB port, leading to abberant charges, confusing the capacitative touch screen. That would have been the primary suspicion if you had the problem while connected to a PC via USB cable.

The Playbook fast charger is a 2-pin device that does not use ground. Hence no question of grounding problems in this context. 

Please use plain text.