If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

Re: PLAYBOOK WIFI ISSUES

Enygma wrote:

... That can be fixed with a call to BB warranty support.

...maybe if you live in Canada or USA it can.  Wasn't my son's experience with a hardware failure. Called RIM (as was) As we have different laws in Europe, had to sort it out with his seller and when they failed to respond with his credit card company. RIM washed their hands of it. He has an ipad now.  

My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi only (well, I do have a cheap Nokia with 7/11 SpeakOut)

[ Edited ]

TexTucker wrote: ...maybe if you live in Canada or USA it can.  Wasn't my son's experience with a hardware failure. Called RIM (as was) As we have different laws in Europe, had to sort it out with his seller and when they failed to respond with his credit card company. RIM washed their hands of it. He has an ipad now.

Do businesses selling their wares in Europe not honour hardware warranties?  My understanding is that if something breaks within the standard warranty period (one year), the manufacturer fixes it or replaces it unless there is evidence of misuse or abuse.  I looked up the PlayBook warranty document for Europe online and that seems to be what is written there.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,872
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

TexTucker wrote:

...maybe if you live in Canada or USA it can.  Wasn't my son's experience with a hardware failure. Called RIM (as was) As we have different laws in Europe, had to sort it out with his seller and when they failed to respond with his credit card company. RIM washed their hands of it. He has an ipad now.  

Tex it is unfortunate that your EU or UK laws do not protect the consumer better.

I would still call PlayBook Support. Regardless.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker

Point is, if you do call BB they will determine that a hardware fault exists. But then they know our laws protect us by making the retailer responsible, so they wash their hands and tell you to get a refund from the seller. It’s almost as though we are too well protected. Then you discover the online retailer with a uk web address is based in HongKong or Luxembourg and you are stuck.

If only BB would honour their manufacturer's warranty first and RMA as a matter of course it would be nice. They presumably have to take back goods from the retailers anyway, so why not direct from the purchaser? I have read on here that a Brit got a RMA for the charging/ usb fault but it's unusual. 

My Device: PlayBook 64gb
My Carrier: three

Hi, tried the website but it seems my BlackBerry is not covered. Now whether to give them my credit card details for an incident support in the vain hope that I could get a solution. 

Graham 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker

grahamrgh wrote:

Hi, tried the website but it seems my BlackBerry is not covered. Now whether to give them my credit card details for an incident support in the vain hope that I could get a solution. 

Graham 

Precisely. If there's a year's warranty why can't you call without credit card details?  The 90 day support is great and an industry leader, then it all goes wrong.

I must say my two playbooks have been 100% for over a year, hardware wise. 

grahamrgh wrote:

Graham 

Graham, try the (UK Support) 0800 096 2805 number directly and plead your case.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grahamrgh

Hi, thanks for this, now registered and in the diagnostic process. Ready for a long haul....

Graham

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Good deal. Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grahamrgh

Well finally got the RMA, thankfully had two playbooks for comparison.  Took a long time but have to say the people at blackberry were good. Let's hope all goes well when it gets into repair. 

Thanks to you guys for help too. 

Graham 

Please use plain text.