Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Mcab
My Carrier: Etisalat

PLEASE HELP! Playbook won't install drivers on the computer

I've just bought my playbook three days ago and I'm very impressed with it. Until I tried to plug it in the computer. Whenever I click the driver installer, it sometimes tries to install, then after decompressing it says "Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid". I need a solution please! I've been dying to sync this to my computer. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: PLEASE HELP! Playbook won't install drivers on the computer

What operating system is on your computer? Have you tried installing BlackBerry Desktop Manager from this webpage?

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mcab
My Carrier: Etisalat

It's running windows 7 64x. Yes I have downloaded the desktop manager and it doesn't detect the PB. I deleted it already.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gwinegarden
My Carrier: Telus

I have the same problem, on XP.  Found out that the Network Adapter driver was in error (could not start).  Uninstalled the Driver and ran Install Hardware.  It found the PB but then said it had an error installing the hardware (!!).   Looked at the driver and it was in error, again.  

Loaded drivers from BB web site and retried, as above, with the same result.  

Contacted BB Support and all that they could say was do a clean uninstall of DM and reinstall, which I did, same result.

Now they say it is a Windows problem and they cannot help.

I have found a very long thread with this issue and various thing to try.  Have done all with no success.   I like the PB, very much, but if I cannot connect it to my PC, it is of little value, to me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gwinegarden

Well.....decided to try installing on my wife's laptop, running Windows 7.  Worked fine, first time!

So, it appears to be either an XP issue (although many other users are OK using XP) or it is something local to my PC.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gwinegarden

I have, finally given up on my Playbook.  I have spent about 15 hours researching my problem of not being able to connect.  i have tried every idea that I found with no success.  Then, tonight, it decided that every time I told it to go to Standby, it rebooted, instead. 

But, I have to say that my biggest disappointment is with Blackberry Support.  Having worked in software support for many years and having dealt with many other support organizations, I can say that BB support is among the very worst.

I submited a ticket on my connection issue and they told me to do a clean deinstall and if that did not work, then go to a Windows person (wow!).  i have sent 3 replies, asking for more information and have received absolutely no response.

I have spent a lot of time defending RIM, over the past few months, but I am wondering why I bother.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Dud you just copy and paste this from another thread. Obivously you are not looking in the right spot.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gwinegarden

Why am I not looking in the right spot?  

I have the issue,,as I described, above, and have received no help from BB Support,other than to tell me to reinstall DM and then go to a "Windows expert", if that did not help.  I have responded to their email, 3 times requesting more information and have received no reply..  

I was able to connect the PB to my wife's laptop, running W7, but I am not about to go out and buy a W7 machine just so I can use the PB.  So, I decided to give up, as I only have a few days to return the device.  

And yes I also made another, general, post to show my disappointment in the Playbook.  It is a very nice device, bit, if I cannot connect to my PC t has little value, to me.

Please use plain text.