Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32gb ver2.1.

PLaYbOoK touch sensitivity

My playbook hast a serious touch Sense Problem. Blackberry Support say buy a Keyboard! Let's hope the New Phone isn't the same Support?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: PLaYbOoK touch sensitivity

can you elaborate please ?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Playbook 32gb Christmas gift. Major problem using virtual kb. Eratic at best. Registered with tech ical service. After resetting to ver21.3415 problem.continued. They suggested buying a real kb! I suggested a replacement as the pb was the last one in stock and it was a return,  I wonder why? I am very very frustrated! 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Demand a refund. 

My Device: Z10 & Playbook

oneillj376 wrote:

Playbook 32gb Christmas gift. Major problem using virtual kb. Eratic at best. Registered with tech ical service. After resetting to ver21.3415 problem.continued. They suggested buying a real kb! I suggested a replacement as the pb was the last one in stock and it was a return,  I wonder why? I am very very frustrated! 

What do you mean by erratic.  What specifically is happening.

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10

A simple but we'll meant suggestion.  Try changing your typing position or technique.  It can often help with any device. 

BlackBerry is for Life not just for Christmas
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

If the OP is not used to touchscreen keyboards, perhaps there is something wrong with the way it is being used. My wife has had a dickens of a time with the touch-type keyboard on my PlayBook. In observing her technique, I note that she tries the touch-typing technique on it that she uses with a regular keyboard. Inevitably, fingers touch here and there and she gets funny text typing out.
PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
New Contributor

Thanks for that suggestion, but it's the single selection that does not respond! As if my finger is to cold!!