Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
kev895
My Device: Bold 9900 / PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

PRINT TO GO ERROR 404

I have been using print to go very successfully  for several months. Now it gets as far as unable to locate playbook error 404.  I have tried restarting the router, the play book and my laptop to no avail. I uninstalled print to go from my laptop and reinstalled it. On trying to print a document I was presented with the BlackBerry id sign in, signed in ok and then entered the pc pairing code. I have also tried resetting to a new pairing code but the problem persists, any ideas please.  This is the first problem i have ever had with my PlayBook, every thing else is still working fine.

K Baker
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: PRINT TO GO ERROR 404

Have you made any recent changes to your printing system such as installing another printer or updating your computer OS.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kev895

C: Disk defrag was done, and nortons update patch applied. Also while the defrag was being done I lost connection to the internet on all devices and had to reset the router wifi. Thanks kev
K Baker
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Check your Print Spooler on your computer. Some people had the printed copy go to the spooler. I think they had to disable the spooler on the computer during the installation process of PTG. You can do a search on this forum for more details. I will look around and if I find something I will let you know.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kev895

Thank you for your valuable advice. All is working ok now. I uninstalled PTG from my pc (windows 7). Restarted and then deleted PrintToGoLog and RIMPTG files from Libraries>Documents. Then I disabled print spooler on pc. I then attempted to download and install PTG from Blackberry Web sites but it failed to install after rollback and kt said failed to install due to an interruption. 

So I turned off my nortons antivirus software and tried again. Same thing happened, I tried 5 more times and no luck.

I then put print spooler back on "automatic" and tried again and Printtogo installed successfully, so it was the print spooler being disabled that was preventing installation.

On my pc I clicked devices and printers to see if PTG printer was there, clicked its icon and properties. It was set to direct to printer and not to print spooler, so I clicked test print button, signed in ok and paired playbook code and it printed the testament ok.

I tried printing documents and had to sign in and pair again and it worked fine. After closing the success print box before it timed out I did not have to sign in or pair again.

I have printed about 40 or more documents to my PlayBook over the last couple of days with no problems, it's back to how it worked before. 

I'm not sure what caused the problem.  When I uninstalled PTG the first time I didn't restart my pc before reinstalling it. Also I did not delete PrintToGoLog and RIMPTG files. So that may have been the reason it wouldn't work before.

However all is working fine now. Thanks again for your knowledge and help, and for pointing me in the right direction as I didn't have a clue where to start.

Kind regards

Kevin

K Baker
Please use plain text.