Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: time Warner

Password was incorrect when connecting to WIFI

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Password was incorrect when connecting to WIFI

Hey Bluefox,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Are you able to connect to any other Wi-Fi® networks?  Also have you tried resetting the router and then connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot afterwards?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

I though the problem was with my Playbook, so I back up my data and started over again by resetting the Playbook from scratch. Problem was In order to start over I had to connec to my router. and the same problem persisted, I need ed a Password and the Passwoed I typed was the same problem I had before. I went to a Hotspot ( Panera Bread )and I  connected.  When I got home I still couldn't connected to my router and I had the same Pass Word problem.. However, I did up grade my router by buying a new one. After it arrives I will start over again. In the mean time are their any suggestion to helpp resolve this problem

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Are you sure the password used by the router's wifi is what you thought?  can you enter the router's admin system and check the wifi or wlan password

Alternatively find out how to reset the router to factory settings and use the password on the router's label or memo card.  There's usually one or more buttons on the router to hold in for a number of seconds.

My firwall Security Log reads Blocked by DoS protection 65.60.90.41. How ca I get around this with my Playbook IP

Contributor

My present router is over 5 years old. I decied to buy a new one. Will this help solve my Paswsword Problem?

Forums Veteran I

Bluefox wrote:

My present router is over 5 years old. I decied to buy a new one. Will this help solve my Paswsword Problem?

Try what I said first, maybe you just got the wrong password.  Passwords don't change, people change them or forget they changed them.  Routers get reset and revert to originall passwords.

Your Belkin router ships without an administrator password entered. If you wish to add a password for more security, you can easily add one. Make sure to keep your password in a safe place, as you may need it in the future.

I did not add a Administrator Password. I left it blank

Forums Veteran I

[ Edited ]

Administrator password is not the same thing as the wifi encryption password. Please log into the router admin pages and look at WLAN security and see what encryotion is used (e.g. WEP or WPA or WPA2) and what the password or passphrase is set to. 

If you have a five year old belkin it's absolutely fine. Just learn how it works and learn the terminology. 

I got the Playbook to connect to the router, However, I had to disable the WPW/WPA2Personal (PSK.)