Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Kitchguy
My Device: PlayBook 8 gb

Paypal

I'm getting an error message when i try to purchase game pieces using PayPal through PlayBook. 

My PayPal is fine and credit card up to date. I log into PlayBook and I'm authorized,then it takes me

To PayPal where I choose buy now. After I select buy now I get this error message 

"problem encountered with PayPal authorization 579024.

I have no problem purchasing apps or games only when I try to purchase game pieces for the game 

Oregon Trails by Gameloft 

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks in advance 

Kitchguy

Super Contributor
ukmight
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Re: Paypal

This problem has been encountered by others as well. Enter the payment options by swiping down. An renter your paypal account details. 

After rentering, many others have reported that their problem was recitified.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
New Contributor
Kitchguy

I'm not sure what you mean by swiping down. When I click on game item to purchase more money blackberry makes me log in and authenticates me. Once I'm authorized the PayPal screen pops up asking if I want to buy now. At which point do I "swipe down" and when I do what am I looking for?

Thank you 

Kitchguy 

Super Contributor
ukmight
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

when you are in the app world. From the top of the screen, swipt your finger down to see the payment options. Enter the options and save your paypal account to your ID. 

After you are done with this, try purchasing the app/game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
New Contributor
Kitchguy

I purchased the game last week through app world, that's not my problem. My problem is when I'm playing the game and want to purchase more money to play. That's when I get the error as mentioned above 

Kitchguy 

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Ok so you mean in-app  purchases dont work. That's. A whole diffrent ball game. Wasn't a 30242 error by any chance?

Do in-app purchases route thru BB World, anyone?