Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve / Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: SaskTel

Photos from Bold 9900 directly to Playbook

Hello,

I am using Blackberry Bridge to connect my smartphone (Bold 9900) and my playbook.  Everthing thing links and is good (contacts, e-mail, texts, etc.).

Does anyone how I can transfer all my photos directly from my smartphone to the playbook?  I don't have access to a computer to load the photos to first.  I want to do a direct transfer to the playbook.

Help??

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Photos from Bold 9900 directly to Playbook

Unfortunately, I don't think you can't do that. There is no file transfer protocol via bluetooth between the BB and the Playbook.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve / Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: SaskTel

Is there any other way - with a cable - from blackberry to playbook?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Here's a thread that might help. Looks like there is a third party app that will allow you to transfer. Might cost a few bucks.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/transfer-pictures-phone-playbook-using-bridge-...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

brewmasterj wrote:

Is there any other way - with a cable - from blackberry to playbook?

Unfortunately there is no cable to do this, the only way would be to use a cloud service like DropBox, Box, SkyDrive, etc... 

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

brewmasterj wrote:

Hello,

I am using Blackberry Bridge to connect my smartphone (Bold 9900) and my playbook.  Everthing thing links and is good (contacts, e-mail, texts, etc.).

Does anyone how I can transfer all my photos directly from my smartphone to the playbook?

A) In the BlackBerry Bridge, you have the ability to display the pictures that are on your 9900, directly on your PlayBook screen.

More info in the documentation:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/27018/New_features_for_BlackBerry_Bridge...

(feature is called "switch between screens".

B) another solution provided by John_Clark, is indeed to use the app named "Files and folders" on your PlayBook, that can access the content of your bridged 9900 and do regular operations (copy or move).

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/49236/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

I have a Torch 9860. Using Files and Folder, I can see my Torch photos on the PlayBook. I just do a screen capture and voila. I'm happy with them.