Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
dffydck
My Carrier: rogers
Accepted Solution

Picture handling shortcomings on playbook

I'm trying to create a slide show.  I want to control the order in which the pictures are displayed.  According to blackberry support personnel this is not possible to do.  I am surprised that the playbook has such an glaring oversight.  The only thing I can think of doing now is to make a video of my pictures and then stop the video at each picture but that sounds so Mickey mouse.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Picture handling shortcomings on playbook

Not a particularly elegant solution, but it will work: rename your files so they are in order. It's a good idea to leave some "space", so number your images 0010.jpg, 0020.jpg, 0030.jpg etc. If you decide to change the order, you can insert one inbetween.

Then start Files & Folders and tap "Slideshow" to start viewing. It will use the sort order you've chosen in the file list, by default that's by name, alphabetical, ascending.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.