Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Pictures folder corrupted

I just uploaded a bunch of pictures from my computer to the playbook but the piictures folder is empty. If i go to the camera and select the pictures folder from there, it shows a broken square. Anyone else seen this before? If i take a picture, it does not go to the pictures folder it just disappears. I just installed the latest update and this was working fine up until then.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Pictures folder corrupted

if you transfer all pics of of the play book, can you take a picture?

how many pics were there?

all JPG type?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor

Believe it or not, I figured out the issue. Here goes;

1) this playbook did not have pictures on it previously

2) I had installed Air Browser assuming i didn't know any of this

3) if you populate the "photos" folder BEFORE you have a picture in the "camera" folder, the playbook does not know what to do. This ended up corrupting the "media" folders including videos as well

4) Air Browser sees the pictures but you cannot scroll through them, they only appear as individual files (weird)

5) I had to remove all of the picture folders i had uploaded and remove AirBrowser then hard reset the playbook

6) once reset, take a picture and VIEW the picture (i tried not viewing but that didn't seem to help (could have been coincidental)

5) Upload the pictures to the Photos library and it works.

6) reinstall AirBrowser

All of this took me 1 hour to figure out because i tried different variations before this one.

Regular Contributor

also to answer some of your questions, yes Jpeg's about 30 of them, not big at all (1-2 Mb each).
Yes I could take a picture but it didn't go anywhere. Couldn't view it in the pictures folder and when I connected the PB to the computer, those pictures were nowhere to be found.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Very interesting and thanks for posting your solution with great details, I bet it helps out some others.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB and Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone GR

Yes I think you are right mate! there is a BIG bug but im not sure it is belongs to Air browser or Playbook OS.

I got the same problem that after I copied many photos into Playbook(folder "Photos"), they just didnt show up in Photos folder at all !!!

I've tried different ways to upload them but it just doesnt works.

anyway I tried to google this issue and luckily found your reply.

then I uninstalled Air browser, restarted my Playbook and copied some photos into the same folder

they finally shown them up !!!

by the way I skipped the step of delete all relative folders nor re-make them, but it doesnt matter.

Thanks a lot!!!