08-31-2011 12:07 PM
I just uploaded a bunch of pictures from my computer to the playbook but the piictures folder is empty. If i go to the camera and select the pictures folder from there, it shows a broken square. Anyone else seen this before? If i take a picture, it does not go to the pictures folder it just disappears. I just installed the latest update and this was working fine up until then.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-31-2011 02:13 PM
if you transfer all pics of of the play book, can you take a picture?
how many pics were there?
all JPG type?
08-31-2011 02:37 PM
Believe it or not, I figured out the issue. Here goes;
1) this playbook did not have pictures on it previously
2) I had installed Air Browser assuming i didn't know any of this
3) if you populate the "photos" folder BEFORE you have a picture in the "camera" folder, the playbook does not know what to do. This ended up corrupting the "media" folders including videos as well
4) Air Browser sees the pictures but you cannot scroll through them, they only appear as individual files (weird)
5) I had to remove all of the picture folders i had uploaded and remove AirBrowser then hard reset the playbook
6) once reset, take a picture and VIEW the picture (i tried not viewing but that didn't seem to help (could have been coincidental)
5) Upload the pictures to the Photos library and it works.
6) reinstall AirBrowser
All of this took me 1 hour to figure out because i tried different variations before this one.
08-31-2011 02:39 PM
08-31-2011 03:19 PM
Very interesting and thanks for posting your solution with great details, I bet it helps out some others.
02-27-2013 07:04 PM
Yes I think you are right mate! there is a BIG bug but im not sure it is belongs to Air browser or Playbook OS.
I got the same problem that after I copied many photos into Playbook(folder "Photos"), they just didnt show up in Photos folder at all !!!
I've tried different ways to upload them but it just doesnt works.
anyway I tried to google this issue and luckily found your reply.
then I uninstalled Air browser, restarted my Playbook and copied some photos into the same folder
they finally shown them up !!!
by the way I skipped the step of delete all relative folders nor re-make them, but it doesnt matter.
Thanks a lot!!!