Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: PlAyBoOk TeXtInG WoRkEd but suddenly it displays only the message "text messages was disabled by IT policy"

Thank you!

Forums Advisor II
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 - BlackBerry Bold 9930 - BlackBerry Torch 9850 -
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless USA

Re: PlAyBoOk TeXtInG WoRkEd but suddenly it displays only the message "text messages was disabled by IT policy"

Usually update means down grade because when I updated my curve, I got no reception and had to get a newer blackberry. Let me know if you can text again when you downgrade your software.
1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

beancounter06 wrote:

prior to latest update, my tablet had the texting option. now, it shows only a "disabled " message. can i fix this with a security wipe or???

Interesting. I have never been able to text on Playbook. What app did you use?  or is it LTE Playbook? Or you using bridged to a phone?

My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

curve8530curve8330 wrote:
Usually update means down grade because when I updated my curve, I got no reception and had to get a newer blackberry. Let me know if you can text again when you downgrade your software.

How should he downgrade his software?  desktop software will only install or reload current version. 

It is bridged to my phone, and I did not have the option for the longest time, then suddenly I did. WoRkEd great, but now it shows 'not found or 'disabled by IT'S... I find the link to the texting under the blackberry bridge area

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

are you using a corporate phone on BES?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know what BES is, but no, it is not a company phone. 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: At&T

After application permission I do not have sms/ allow options...please help :smileysad:

Contributor

Okay! Found the answer! Do not reinstall do not security wipe does not deal with firewalls. My tablet and phone are bluetooth connected. For somereason the bluetooth connection was BROKEN but still SHOWED connected.  Final answer: break the bluetooth connection and delete the paired devices, start all over by finding and linking the two devices. VOILA- problem solved.  :Clap: :Yes:

Contributor

:No: rats. Not working again. Shows notification that txts are there, but when I click back on it, back to 'not found '.

I have broken the bluetooth link and bridge 3 times, re-paired them, but no go....

IMG_00000254.png