Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
yogesh_gowda
My Carrier: Vodafone

Play Book Camera not working

Hi,

I have a Playbook 32 GB version, and my front camera is not working, it seems that the issue started occuring after i upgraded to OS 2.1, i am not sure at thei point, because i hardly use the front camer, it gives me an error 4003 picture, when i try to click any pictures,  i had rebooted it several times, but no use, please let me know the next action which i can perform, please dont suggest to go to the service center, because i had very bad experience with your service center in INDIA from Redington.

Thanks

1. If any post helps you please click the below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
Please use plain text.
Mr_Sleep
My Carrier: DST

Re: Play Book Camera not working

I have the same problem myself since I update to 2.1.0.1032 and found out both camera and video cam doesn't work and shows camera error .4003. It work before updating it and having fun snapping photos and taking video cam on it. It only work if I uses video chatting where front camera still functions. Is there any help on this since I bought it abroad and brought it home with me in Brunei. Any fix on this?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Robsky
My Carrier: Telus

Same problem here. The camera stopped working on my 16gb Playbook after the 2.1.0.1032 update. I've tried rebooting, and deleting recently installed programs. Neither one works. The video chat program works though which is strange. It leads me to believe there is either a program conflict with an old program I have installed, or the update caused problems with the camera program.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
yogesh_gowda

I Belive RIM is not  intrested in their existing customers queries, Its been 2 weeks now, but still no reply from RIM Forum Moderators, Day by day RIM services are becoming worst, I was thinking to wait still BB10 launch, but now after seeing this kind of support, i am planning to buy a Iphone 5 or galaxy Note 2.

2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Carrier: 3

Forum moderators are here to cut out bad language, politics or bullying, not to respond to your tech requests. Contact RIM or else accept any advice given here by fellow customers.

If for example the camera "does not work" but does work in Videochat then it points to software conflict.

Using the debrick method, reinstall software from scratch. Backup first, do no restore until you have tested the problem.

Debrick...

Make sure you know your Blackberry ID and password

If you can, backup important data. Preferably by wifi share drag n drop as well as desktop backup.

Turn Playbook right off (i.e. Shut Down)

Ensure you have the latest Blackberry Desktop Software to your PC or Mac and start it up

Connect the Playbook by USB cable.

If the red light starts to glow press the Off button.

Because Playbook is off you will get an error message basically saying Retry or Update  (on Mac it says repair rather than Update)

Quickly select the Update (or repair) option

The Playbook will start to get a new OS that will take a good hour to download via the PC

Follow the registration process using your current Blackberry ID

(at this point test your problem again)

Add back your email accounts etc.

Reinstall your apps from App World, My World. 

Copy back your data.

(test your problem again)

You may lose data permanently!

________
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yogesh_gowda

I have already tried this optins, but still the same failuer message, I dont want to go the service center, because the service center ( Redinton India), has more worst service, I would request some to suggest some other steps, which i can try.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest

there are only 2 normal options, call RIM who will go through a debrick, or do a debrick then call RIM.  If it's under warranty under your country's consumer regulations you should get a new one. If you got it online good luck.

________
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yogesh_gowda

I belive debrick is the the step which you suggested me earlier,correct me if i am wrong,

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest

yogesh_gowda wrote:

I belive debrick is the the step which you suggested me earlier,correct me if i am wrong,

yes you are correct, debrick is the process I described earlier with the heading "debrick" .

________
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yogesh_gowda

How do i downgrade the OS to 2.0 instead ing of 2.1, i have been tryhaing  to do that, but i am unable to do that, because everytime i do that it ask to upgrade now or later, if i select later, then the second questions it asks to you want to continue or standby, and i have no option to downgrade instead of upgrade :smileysad:, do let me know if you have idea for the same.

Please use plain text.