Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

Re: Play Book Camera not working

[ Edited ]

yogesh_gowda wrote:

How do i downgrade the OS to 2.0 instead ing of 2.1, i have been tryhaing  to do that, but i am unable to do that, because everytime i do that it ask to upgrade now or later, if i select later, then the second questions it asks to you want to continue or standby, and i have no option to downgrade instead of upgrade :smileysad:, do let me know if you have idea for the same.

It can't be done without rooting (jailbreaking) the Playbook.

________
Contributor
yogesh_gowda
My Device: Bold 9700, PlayBook & BlackBerry 10 user

Marian

Thanks for taking your valuable time and replying back to my question, as per suggestion, i spoke with RIM today, and they have identified that the error 4003, is an hardware failuer, and needs to taken to the near service station.:smileysad: , you can also ping on my BBM@22a80118

1. If any post helps you please click the below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
New Contributor
irfanquraishi
My Device: playbook

i had also experienced same, my front camera is not working and it shows error.4003 and when i contact blackberry on phone they told me to wipe it and re install latest update...i did it several times with the giving instructions but couldnt resolved this problem then they also admit it that it a more likely software problem and they don't have any particular solution for this..

I had my PB in warranty but  when i submitted it to REDINGTON, they after wasting 10 days, told me that it is out of warranty as there are scratches on HOUSING (BODY COVER) , but when i gave it to them there were no scratches.

And told me that Your camera will work only after change of HOUSING ( body cover), but it is quite illogical that even if there are scratches on body then how can it affect its camera. And the price of this repair if 1/3 of cost...

so i request RIM to look after in this regard as it is a global issue and many pb users facing the same problem.

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Your comments have been answered in your other thread. 

A handful of playbooks out of over a million having a camera hardware problem is not a "global issue".