Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
HarmSluiman
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: bell

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

My PB went into no screen and no light mode while loading a "slide to go". I was pretty sure it was not flat. It would not start from the power button and holding the button dwon for 15 plus seconds did nothing, including with the charger plugged in.

The way I got it back to life was from the above tip to hold valuem + - and power at the same time for over 10 seconds. I have no idea were this finger sequnce comes ofrm but it seemed to work for me.

Is there a place with these key secrets and what they do?

With regard to the posit about never having to power off, I wish it were true. I don't have to pwoer reboot my BB9700 or it's peers, however after owning and havily using my PB for two weeks, I have had apps and network cause it to die as above or com into a clear error state.  Still not as frequent as my Windows laptop, but dissapointing.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GaryCutri
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telstra

Hi,

When you get the Red Light and then flashing green light it normally indicates that the battery is dead flat.  When this happens you MUST connect your device to the charger that was supplied with the PlayBook (it supplies more power than a standard BB charger) and then the device will automatically power up when ready.  If you try and use a USB or standard BlackBerry charger it MAY NOT power up correctly.

Thanks,

Gary

www.blackberryforums.com.au
Please use plain text.
Contributor
blackjack93117
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

What a bunch of whiners. Waaa the Playbook isnt out yet! Waa its out but it has some bugs. Waa it wont turn on its useless. Patience grasshoppers. Stop it you're making Rimm's stock go down and when they are broke who do we turn to?

You all paniced me when I had the power up issue. I had the playbook just long enough to fall in love with it (yes, its has few apps, yes there are bugs and undeveloped code but everyone had to have it NOW so you got what you wanted.

I turned mine off last night and this morning I could not get it to turn on, no red light no blinky lights nothing - I was ready to return it to Best Buy and then I thought I should read some forums first. Sure enough, the "hold all three - power button, up and down volume buttons for ten seconds" did the trick - everything is back where I left it.  BUT be sure to have it plugged into the wall charger. 

This device is awesome its a platform that is sure to be developed. I think it was released prematurely but so what? I will just use it for web surfing while they get the kinks out and develop software. Better than waiting in anticipation. At least I have one and the user interface is awesome!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blackjack93117
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I might add - It's important to know that it only charges if booted. If this is true - my mistake was actually powering it off before I went to bed thinking it would charge overnight.

Apparently not, instead it drained the battery overnight I guess.

- and then I couldnt get it to charge again when it was powered off and the battery was dead, also of course, couldn't get it to boot so it could charge. Kind of a dumb design, but oh well, at least there is a workaround for the diligent and the patient.. hold all three buttons with the charger plugged in (both volumes and the power button.

Now stop whining and ruining the rep of this fine device. And by the way, I wish RIMM guys would jump in here once in a while so we don't have to figure this all out ourselves... hint hint.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HarmSluiman
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: bell

I agree it is a greate device, an doverall I am happy with. I am confident bugs will get fixed.

What I would like to know is where things like 3 button reboot is documented. I am sure there are other great Ninja tricks that will come in handy.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JohnnyTwo-Shoes
My Device: Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Telus

The only time my LED shows anything occurs when I re-boot it, it turns solid red for a moment. The LED has never shown a different color or ever flashed for any other reason. Is this normal?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have only seen it turn red so far.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

The Playbook is rated to last about 10 hours under normal use. In standby it will use a small amount of power. In standby with no programs or utilities running, it will drain about 15% of the battery over 24 hours.

Having 10 hours with normal use for a tablet is very good. This is about 10% per hour.

Most laptops will run about 4 to 12 hours on battery power depending on the CPU type, memory size, and other factors. In standby they may last about 24 hours. The more powerful the computer the larger required battery, or the less operating time it will run.

I am very impressed with the Playbook tablet, and especially how it works with the Blackberry phone. I use this tablet daily for working with my business and doing my emails. It gave me the freedom from having to carry around a heavy laptop for the same type of job tasks that I require. As for data cost, it actually costs me less than what the laptop was costing because of the bridge feature.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
walliedirt
My Device: Storm - Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Well I got my PB little over a week ago. Now she wont boot up.

I was using the internet and had BBM a long with the email. Normal stuff. Well it froze up and seemed like the touch screen wasn't working. So I waited a little bit thinking maybe I was just going to fast for the thing. The screen started to dim like it was about to into standby. Still no response.

So I did a reboot power vol - and +. Now it wont turn on. The battery was at 90% All I get is a flashing red light. I think its a code.Code 14 to be honest. No clue what that means but something tells me this isn't good.

Also I've done everything in the thread. DTM doesn't see the PB. I have version 1.0.3 1868 on the PB (32gb) and of course the newest DTM. Its been plugged into the wall going on 3 hours now. Any ideas? :No:

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

while plugged in did you try to turn it on?

it wont charge unless turned on.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.