Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
tragedy20
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: none

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

so i called tech support and we had to do a manual reboot and then i had to do updates to get the blackberry working again, im not even sure if it works yet because it needs to charge. thank u for all your help. i hope it gets fixed now

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

With persistence and some patients it will be fixed by you with tech support's guidance.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dobermoeller
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: sprint

The US phone number you listed does not work.

Please use plain text.
brendayoda
My Device: blackberry play book
My Carrier: rogers

This worked wonderful with my playbook.
Please use plain text.
ProfessionalPartyer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

USE THIS METHOD[1st Entry] IT WORKS! I was scared I had a dud. The key is patience. Hold for 10 seconds.. NOT YOUR QUICK HIDE & GO SEEK 10 SECONDS! Real 10 seconds. It doesn't have to be charging. I just had mine connected to my computer turned on manager then kept my eye on the device. It blinked red then i knew it wasn't dead even when a device warning came on the manager. It went away once it booted. The key is not to panic! It's a BlackBerry it will come back!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hvymtlgds
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: verizon

We have 4 of these playbooks 2 64 for my wife and myself and 2 16 for the kids. one of the kids, one of hte kids had this issue with the lights blinking and I went on u tube to see if there was a step by step solution. There is, you do use your home computer and run the download which does take some time  ( at least an hour if i remember correctly) and it doesn't reset the Blackberry where your info is lost.

good luck people

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DillPickleSwimmer
My Device: nob
My Carrier: nob

Here's my problem, it's similar to some of the ones here but I haven't found a fix.

My playbook will not turn on now, it's screen doesn't come on and no light are flashing. The other day this happened so I played with the buttons and it eventually came on, so I don't understand why it won't come on now. Here's what I've tried:
- pressing combinations of buttons while it's plugged in (the power button for 10+ seconds, the power and + and - buttons for 10+ seconds, etc.)
- changing the plug (but I don't think it's dead, last time this happened it had a full battery)
- reading for help on the internet and being unsuccessful
- I haven't tried updating it on the desktop but I'd rather save that as a final option since I hear it wipes your playbook.
- I've waited
- I would really rather not have to return it since it was a gift so that's kinda hard...

Anyways, any help would be appreciated :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tragedy20
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: none

call customer support. they are very helpful. Mine was fixed within like an hour of talking to them

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Argon
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telus

My Playbook suddenly hung itself (I could almost hear the choking sounds). When I pressed the power button, I got the shutdown menu, selected "turn off device" (the red button), and the screen responded with the usual shutdown confirmation - however nothing happened - it just displayed the same message for a couple of hours. Finally, I logged on to this forum and read this message. Sure enough, I connected it to my PC, opened the Blackberry Desktop and pressed the power button for 10 seconds. Presto! Thanks for the help.

Argon
Please use plain text.
markburslem
My Device: Blackberry Tablet 134340301868
My Carrier: Orange

I have a similar problem but your resolution does not work. I bought my tablet for Christmas and two weeks ago it suddenly chose to not turn on and just flash red. I thought it was because it was not fully charged but I have placed it on charge for several hours and it still either flashes red or does nothing. I have held down the power button and the volume buttons and nothing happens. I have not plugged it into my laptop and tried doing it that way round, I dont think that would work as I have never synced my tablet up to my laptop or saved anything on the laptop.

I am very annoyed as this is an expensive item and its just suddenly stopped working. I called up the support after being placed through several people, I am getting a call tomorrow at 7 to run through some trouble shooting techniques. I can't see it working, I am very frustrated as my cell phone has had similar problems. It has wiped my contacts clean, I have had numerous new handsets of the same phone sent out to me. I am seriously considering leaving Blackberry and choosing a more reliable phone company. I really hope this can be resolved soon. I have been given a priority number - 20443713. If anyone would like to look into my problems more and resolve my issues faster I would be most grateful!

Please use plain text.