Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Sissiboo1933
My Device: BlackBerry Play Book 16GB

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

After spending in excess of four hours on the phone with RIM, mainly re-installing their operating system, they finally agreed to accept the Play Book back for repairs.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pignewton55
My Device: playbook 64 gig, bold 9900

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop software and reseting the device a couple times, it still said no update available. Then i installed the DS to a different computer and it did the same.

I hope it works when playbook os 2 comes out. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cmeagh
My Device: Palybook

Just remember it is a "PLAYBOOK" well named, it is not a computer and RIM is almost on its way out, so don't expect too much, just enjoy it as a silent "SMART PHONE"

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BB-Bmore
My Device: 9670 Style

Um its more than just a "playbook" some would argue that OS2 will bring with it the future of mobile computing. Rim is hardly on the way out. They would have sold if that was the case. Op I suggest calling tech support. It has a one year warrantie if worse comes to worse. Can wait to read what the trolls will say when OS2 comes out. OS2 will do a lot of talking of its own. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cmeagh

sold what, the value of rim has drp fro 140 to 10 bucks there is nothing to buy,the CEO and exc have taken all the money!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BB-Bmore
My Device: 9670 Style

Nothing to buy? Lol You sound foolish,good night
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

RIM is still making good profits. The stock price is down from over selling of the shares in the markets. Most of the investors bought in to Apple, and some of the others.

RIM is still extremely popular in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Almost all governments and most all financial institutions use RIM phones for their high end business communications because of the high security and product reliability.

As for the hardware construction the RIM is a very well engineered and a well built product. It is also Canadian built, and incorperating high standards for construction and design.

If you look at the other mobile phone OS's they are all subject to the danger of ID theft and security issues at a much greater rate than with RIM.

The down side is the user interface is not as fancy as most of the other brands. As for entertainment the RIM product does not offer the vast selections as like the others.

The RIM product was designed mainly for business, and communications with excellent security. It is not a toy phone.

This is my opinion based on what I have been reading about RIM in business publications, and from personal experience. I would buy another Blackberry phone in a flash when I will need an upgrade.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cmeagh

As I said RIM is not a stock to buy, I never did and those that bought any where north of $10 wished they hadn't, some bought at 140, some bought at 20, nice loss!!!! The executives keep dumping their holdongs cause thery know RIM is heading the way of Nortel! 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Do you have any reference to the future of RIM?  They are publically traded, and therefore their audits and financial statements are public. Apparently, they are still reporting very good profits. 

I have seen situations where companies have been reporting terrific profits, and their shares become oversold because of rumors, or poor reports about an aspect of the company, or overselling because of poor economy in general. 

If you check out the market trade analysis on RIM stocks, they still have a very high target price in relation to their traded price. The last time I check the financial statement for RIM they were still in profit with a huge cash flow According to Quote Media in the TSX Exchange RIM has a high target of $50. You can check the financial statements and audit information for RIM at : http://tmx.quotemedia.com/financials.php?qm_symbol=RIM

I have been buying more RIM shares at the present prices. 

Jerry G. 

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cmeagh

Good luck to you, I know guys that were buying Nortel when it was trading at $5 and they got creamed. My advisor had me sell nortel at $90 and i had bought at $30, it went to 140 and crashed. rim is not going to recover to $50 i got out a long time ago and would not go back 

Please use plain text.