Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook Wifi 16GB & 64GB
My Carrier: Other

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

[ Edited ]

I have to say the charger issue sucks. What about the battery replacement? I haven't seen anything on that (Haven't looked yet)..

I love my playbook. People returned them because they found out they were not Android.

Come on folks. If you can't read get someone to read it to you.

I want a second PB but am holding off because of some of the issues.

A dead PB should charge no matter what then let the SW take over.

Design flaw in my opinion.

My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I own a number of Playbooks for personal and business use. Its excellent for what I do. I find it easy to use and of excellent quality. So far I have no problems with them.

Battery replacement is factory service only. Their turnover is usually about two to three weeks from where I'm located.

As for Android software, security is poor, and most of it is rubbish. I've been through this. Most of the free Android programs were buggy and some caused me problems. I'll stick to the RIM software.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: black beryy play book
My Carrier: sun cellular

im so disappointed with my playbook, future shop wont replace it until 7 days..... where can i return my playbook?

Forums Advisor III

I bought some Playbooks from Futureshop. I would guess you have to return it to them only. Call support for the Playbook and ask them.

We like the Playbook. One great thing about it is, it does not require an extra data plan. It can work tethered and bridged to the Blackberry phone, or be tethered to most other types of phones. This saves hundreds of dollars per year in comparison to having the need of a complete separate data plan for a tablet.

If you want to do business and personal applications with the Playbook tethered or bridged to a Blackberry phone, there is very little worry for security issues.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rrbrg wrote:

im so disappointed with my playbook, future shop wont replace it until 7 days..... where can i return my playbook?

Contact support. And get an rma for replacement.

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
My Device: Blackberry playbook tablet
My Carrier: AT&T

My playbook is dead, it won't turn on because the battery is drained and I can't charge it. I plugged it in the charger and pressed to power button but nothing happened. I even plugged it in my computer but the playbook manager wouldn't start up because apparently it needs to be on for it to detect it 

Any suggestions? 

Forums Advisor III

While connected to its original charger, press the reset button about once every 30 seconds for a number of minutes. This attempts to keep resetting the power management. If there is no life in it after this process call Playbook support. It may have to back for service.

I found with most phones and tablets of all types its very bad to let them go to zero charge level. They use the internal uPC for the charge and power usage management. When the battery goes too far down there is no management.

I have a Storm that I keep as a spare phone. I've let it go down to zero charge. Its always been an issue to get it going again. It is also the same for a Motorola Razor that we have.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: Etisalat

I am using play book since last 8 months. Now I cannot charge it.The red light comes when I plug in, but no charging happens. Gave to BB service. they say ' lifted pads on the charging port '. claims this is not covered by warranty. don't know what to do. dissapointing support from BB.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/a

there is no defect in the design at the very least contact rim support and they will advise if not thousands of others are very satisfied with the performance of this device. As for battery life , like any devise if you use it it will drain faster , it is simple as that. Buddy ...
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Smart

another dead playbook and counting....Calling RIM send out the paramedics