Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
sunilm
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 918065700300

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

I think you need to go thru what people are writing in this forum and also contact blackberry playbook service center in India, where they are trying to charge it since more than 2 weeks. Can you believe they first asked me to charge it for 2 minutes and remove it from charging for 2 minutes and do it 10 times?
Please use plain text.
Developer
gmsm
My Device: Pearl 9105 - Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: Tigo

Yeah, I consider myself a Blackberry Fan but you should see that there are issues not just this one, WE are here trying to find a solution for a problem WE could just migrate to other device but Most of us do not want to, most of us like Blackberry so much that we spent our time and money with it.

I just used my PB for one day that day I showed my PB at work and 2 coworkers are about to buy 1 for themselves too, apple and androids fans shut their mouths so they agree Playbook is amazing specially with a blackberry smarthphone, I am ashamed I am not able to show my PB any longer, even my wife laughs at me because she is the only one who knows my pb doesn't charge, she is a apple fan.

We are not crazy people trying to make a problem out of nowhere, ok there are about 1,000,000 PB sold, and maybe not all of them have the issue but consider that instead of trying to find solutions here we could be complaining with the press, or we could just buy anyother device.

It is kind of akward that blackberry is so proud to be #1 in India, it is their first answer when they are asked about lossing share of market in usa, I use to say the same but It seems that not even in their #1 consumer country they have 100% happy consumers

Sunilm I read  in other post about 2 min charging 15 sec no charge, I tried and didn't work me, one guy sugest me 2 min charge 2 min no charge for about 6 cycles.

always use at least the wall charger, it is said the charging pod works better but watchout in amazon it has 4 stars, some users are complaining about that charger too, but you should guess it is said the device has no problems. :smileyhappy:

other sugested solution is pressing power buttom every 5min

"During this 4 minutes, the charger will begin charging but since the battery voltage is still too low, the unit will shut down again and the charger will shut off. To get the voltage up sufficiently for the PB To continue, you have to have the charger plugged in and every 5 minutes or so, you have to hold the power button on until the red light flashes then release it.It will once again recharge for 4 minutes.  You may have to repeat these steps at least 10 times. Once the voltage gets up a bit, the charger should stay on but it will takes 6 hours to fully recharge the battery."

Pearl 9105 6.0 Bundle 2950
Playbook 2.1.0.1032
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
fermanagh
My Device: Z30

Just to update this post - my Playbook was dead for a few weeks, no matter what I did nothing worked.

I tried to charge via the rapid wall charger, connecting it to the PC via micro USB etc.

Resolution - I used the wall charger adapter that came with it and it started charging!

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Just a reminder about the Playbook charging...

The Playbook should only be charged with the charger that came with it, or the optional fast charger that was designed for it. If you try to use the phone charger, or a USB port on your computer this will not properly charge the Playbook. Just because the connector looks the same and fits, it does not mean the current and the voltage are within proper specs.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jkalaw
My Carrier: Smart

Calling on RIM I guess they must have a universal charger for all blackberry devices (another lapse on their side) coz if you have BB smartphone then a playbook then you will have to carry 2 chargers on travel.....

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50

The Playbook charger has different specs. The phone charger is rated at 700 ma. The Playbook charger is a lot higher. I believe it works at 1500 ma.

The phone charger cannot supply enough current source for the tablet battery. The Playbook charger is too strong for the phone.

You will need to carry two chargers when traveling with your Blackberry phone and tablet.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Developer
gmsm
My Device: Pearl 9105 - Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: Tigo

So yersterday Blackberry updated their 2 KB (KB26808,KB27705 )with new info to O.S. 2, you should read this to understand in what phase you are.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB26808&sliceID=2&command=show&forwa...

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB27705&sliceID=2&command=show&forwa...

My Pb is alive too.
First I left it conected to the wall charger for 30 hours, then I unplugged and pluged I saw the Led flash red for about 20 secs, I let it charging for 12 hours and that was it, I arrived home unplugged and the PB was ON, didn't lose anything. I have the last OS.

I am happy to write this, when I brought my Playbook to work 4coworkers are interest in buying a playbook, 2 other migrated to blackberry smarthphone.
Pearl 9105 6.0 Bundle 2950
Playbook 2.1.0.1032
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BlueSky14
My Carrier: N/A

My PB won't power up. When I connect with the charger the red light comes up right away (red pause red red red red sequence). I've tried to charge for more than 24h (with the red light flashing all that time), disconnect, try to power up, nothing happen. Tried the 2 minutes charge 2 minutes off X 6 times, nothing. Also tried the 2 and 3 buttons for 20-30sec. Anything else I could try before calling RIM support?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50

Make sure you are using the orignal charger that is for the Playbook. Many people are trying to charge it with the phone charger or a computer USB port. The non original charger will not charge the Playbook properly or at all...

If the above is being done properly, it would be best to call RIM support.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.