Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
vectorczar
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

[ Edited ]

Iceman,

2.0.1 Bundle 358 is the latest version.

czar

"Welcome to my sky."
Please use plain text.
Contributor
icemanswimmer
My Device: 9700 6.0

Yep, I know, thank you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tugnutt
My Device: Playbook 16 gb
My Carrier: rogers

I am trying to fix my wifes playbook. It stopped charging, and now even if it is plugged in the playbook won`t come on. It used to be if you pressed power you would get a red light and three green and now nothing no lights at all.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Was the battery run down to zero (near to zero)? 

Are you using the original Playbook charger?

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Developer
gmsm
My Device: Pearl 9105 - Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: Tigo

Guys it depends information of the versión, if you have the Last one just let it charging mine took about 48hrs

Pearl 9105 6.0 Bundle 2950
Playbook 2.1.0.1032
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tugnutt
My Device: Playbook 16 gb

Yes I am useing the original charger, and it is right down to zero... its basically dead and showing no signs of life even after a 24 hr charge

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
spidey_the
My Device: playbook

This is what worked for me:

My Playbook wasn't booting up so i left it plugged in the wall charger for 2 days but it still didn't boot up. i guess it's true that playbook battery doesn't charge when playbook is powered off. 

Next i tried a forced system restart by bressing Power+volume up+volume down keys for 15 seconds.. nothing happened. 

Then i connected it to my laptop and the red light came on fro a few seconds followed by blinking amber (or green.. not sure) but it didn't help either. 

So, next i re-plugged the playbook again to the wall charge and i think i pressed the power button for about 10 seconds.. and :  1) the red light came on for 10 seconds or so, then green light then a battery charging symbol came on before the screen shut off. i left the Playbook plugged in and in about 30 minutes it automatically rebooted!

so i think what happened when i pressed Power+VolUp+VolDown keys, is that the Playbook started the reboot, but didn't have enough battery to complete. so it had to be plugged on to wall charger again (and power button pressed for 10-15 seconds) and left for a bit before it completed it reboot.

hope this helps some of you. 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Thanks spidey for sharing your experience.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GraniteRoast
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

I think my scenario played out about the same as 'Spidey'.  My Playbook (2.0.1.358) was stone dead ( I think it was wifi connected and put into Standby and fully discharged.)

This KB26808 article gave some interesting background on the problem:  http://blackberry.com/btsc/kb26808

I plugged it into the wall for about 48 hours during which I would attempt the various power up sequences over the past two days.  The light would blink for a few seconds then nothing.  Tried connecting to Desktop Manager, nothing.

I was getting ready to give up but finally last night when I pressed the Power & Volume Up & Volume Down for about the hundredth time, I finally saw life and the little power drained graphic appeared -

About the same time the LED started to pulse off and on and charging began !!!!!  Hallelujah

What a brutal experience.  Seems all too common.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I've had other types of devices that are difficult to recharge if allowed to discharge completely. Inside the design from a theoritical point of view the fix would not be difficult. From a production point of view it would be expensive to impliment.

Jerry G
Jerry G.
Please use plain text.