Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32 and 64 gig models
My Carrier: MTS

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

Agree......usually quite **bleep** of all of our toys etc. but got rushed and did not have access to power to keep everything charged......

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Zain Jordan

Dear All,

I have read the forum and did it all. What my playbook showed was a red light after we connected it to the charger. Then the red light went out and nothing.....

No startup, no power button pushing helped.

Then I read one of the knowledgebased articles and did the following:

Connect the playbook and see the red light. Once the red light goes out, disconnect and reconnect the charger again. (playbook doesnt charge if it is off)

Keep doing this, untill you see the battery marker and the yellow lights. THEN it is actually charging.

So, dont through it away and NEVER let the battery go down that much.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Airtel

Even i had same issue.... with my Playbook!!!
after a month ..
then i sold my Playbook :smileytongue: and Bought Another Android Tab.,..bt missing the unique features of blackberry...as i was familier wid blackbaery..

well you can watch HOw- to ... for Blackberry..
a great blog - www.tricksme.in
best Blackberry Tricks.....
www.tricksme.in
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9630 and Playbook
My Carrier: MTS

I did what the forum suggested, I left it plugged in for a week.  I had no blinking lights or any indication the pb was working.  After that time period the pb rebooted and is working fine now.

Thank you!

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Thank you, thank you!  But I had to hold the power button down for much longer than 20 secs, more like 40 before the re-boot began.  I had actually given up and let go of the power  button and after a couple  more secs, the red light went on and after a few more, the boot-up process began.  

New Contributor

Mine also just quit on me while I was using it. It died and I can't get it to do anything. Sadly I bought mine directly from Blackberry and it's 7 months old, so the original 90 day warranty is expired. I have no options :smileysad:. I wish there was a reset button or knew what had happened to the Playbook to cause this.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Randais,
The PlayBook has a one year warranty.
Connect it to the charger and leave it alone for several days. It will most likely reboot eventually. Google BLACKBERRY KNOWLEDGE BASE KB27705.
New Contributor

Where does it say the Playbook has a one year warranty? Everything I've read on the site states 90 days. I even entered the serial number and Blackberry pulled up that support was not available. I have it plugged into the charger and am hoping for the best, but I'm skeptical. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

90 support and 1 year hardware warranty

Said it on the box when I bought mine.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Well I checked my box and did not find that wording anywhere. I'm going to try leaving it on the charger for a day and see if I get ANYthing. I'm just very disappointed at this point.