Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

nstein wrote:

I am glad this solved someone's problem. Not mine.

I have been trying to charge my Playbook for 5 days. I have tried all the
fixes on any forum that I can find. The battery died over Christmas and I
can not get it to reboot at all to start charging. When I plug it into a
wall outlet, nothing happens. When I plug it into my computer a red light
comes on for about 20 seconds and then it flashes yellow and turns off. My
computer registers that the device has been connected, but shows
disconnected when the light turns off. I have tried leaving it plugged into
my computer, the wall, holding the power button down before plugging it in,
as I plug it in and after I plug it in. I have tried holding down all the
buttons with the same result.

The Playbook doesn't stay on long enough to get any kind of fix through the computer. UGH!!

Is there any other magic answer? My next tablet will likely not be a Playbook.

I suspect a loose Micro USB cable connection on the wall charger. I have lifted the cable slightly to get mine to connect once they become loose. Compare the end with the one you used on your PC

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: verizon

you may be correct with the loose micro usb. We have four of these and one has the same problem. I tried to find a compatable charger to plug in the unit with the port on the left, but to no avail. I did however buy the magnetic charger, I let it sit for about 2 hours ( cause it had died and 2 months of no use) and with the 10 second power button trick it finally sprang back to life. It charges normally now but not through any of the other chargers we have in the house just the magnetic on - try it out and see.

Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

hvymtlgds wrote:

I did however buy the magnetic charger, I let it sit for about 2 hours ( cause it had died and 2 months of no use) and with the 10 second power button trick it finally sprang back to life. It charges normally now but not through any of the other chargers we have in the house just the magnetic on - try it out and see.

Excellent, thanks for reporting back!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

hvymtlgds wrote:

you may be correct with the loose micro usb. We have four of these and one has the same problem. I tried to find a compatable charger to plug in the unit with the port on the left, but to no avail. I

The left port is HDMI and not power. Center is USB. Right is 3 pin magnetic charge port

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Thanks. I will try the magnetic charger. I was looking for a rapid charger and can't find one anywhere. I guess RIM is clearing out old supplies to make room for the launch.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch and Playbook
My Carrier: US Cellular

I have had blackberrys for 10 years, saw Skype and Netflix on prototypes so I paid 500 bucks for the playbook. I am loyal but after 5 torches in 6 months then not getting sms messages I said **bleep** it and got A SAMSUNG GALAXY 3.....I WISH I WOULD HAVE NOT WASTED $700 on the torch and playbook......I have nit touched either I suppose I can still link the two and use the torch as a mouse BUT THE GALAXY S 3 S DOES MORE THAN BOTH.....AND THE NOTE S2 is even more for 499 the galaxy s3 was 250 with contracting extension at us cellular plus it is 4G I was loyal but abdroid is the **bleep** stop feeling like ab second class citizen do not settle for android blackberry filter scraps, accept the playbook is only worth about $75 and give it to a youg person
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for your opinion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

nstein wrote:

Thanks. I will try the magnetic charger. I was looking for a rapid charger and can't find one anywhere. I guess RIM is clearing out old supplies to make room for the launch.

Rapid charger is the magnetic charger

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Rapid-Travel-Charger-Playbook/dp/B004XBZ728/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...

My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: globe telecoms

[ Edited ]

can I use the rapid charger as power supply while updating OS using DM? coz i thinK i need to debrick my unit using DM but i need to confirm if i can use the rapid charger as power supply coz the batterY is flat dead.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

I have used my rapid whilst backing up on usb so I don't see why not.