Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

joelimar73 wrote:

can I use the rapid charger as power supply while updating OS using DM? coz i thinK i need to debrick my unit using DM but i need to confirm if i can use the rapid charger as power supply coz the batterY is flat dead.

As Jarviser said, yes. You must connect both the USB cable and the magnetic rapid charger.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Yes you can.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
nstein
My Device: Playbook

Thank you. The Rapid/magnetic charger worked. It is charging and I don't have to buy a new tablet yet. YEAH!
New Contributor
mbernard
My Device: playbook

I tried this - several times and it does not work.  I've been trying to charge my playbook since the battery dropped below 20%.  It is now at 13% and still going down.  I've plugged it into the charger over and over.  I've turned it off and tried the reboot thing over and over.  I've tried the main charger, I've tried the cable to computer thing.  I think I've tried everything but that charging light just won't go on.  I had the same problem with my first playbook - had to jump through all the support hoops and finally they said send it in to be fixed.  They actually sent me a new one just a few months ago.  And here I am with the same problem again.  I'm so angry and frustrated that I really just want to throw the thing out a window (and then drive over it with my car... and then send it back to the company!)  Anybody have something that actually works for this problem?  BTW I have a blackberry phone and never had a problem with it.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Are you sure you don't have a charger problem and not a Playbook problem?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
zxenith
My Device: Playbook

Congratulations Sanders! Took you long enough to figure out what I've said all along.

Guru I
John_Clark

Go be a troll somewhere else.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

zxenith wrote:

Congratulations Sanders! Took you long enough to figure out what I've said all along.

Figured what out?

You're the dude can't who can't spell "Rogers"?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
mbernard
My Device: playbook

I actually went into a store and asked to try a different playbook charger!  and nope, didn't work.

Guru I
John_Clark

Did you try a magnetic rapid charger?