01-29-2013 08:59 AM
I have tried the reset options listed here, and still bupkus. Nothing is seeming to work. Left on the charger overnight, and the only time I get any lights at all is when it is on the dock, and then I get a red light followed by 5 flashing green lights. Occasionall this has changed ie: when I have it on the dock and press +/- and power buttons at the same time, I get a red light followed by 3 green flashes. This is my boss's PB, he's loaned it to me for a test drive to see if I like it, and I can't even get the **bleep** thing to power on! Help!
02-01-2013 09:08 AM
I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier
02-01-2013 12:07 PM
BlackBerry offers 1 year warranty, you have to call in and ask for warranty and not support
02-02-2013 12:07 AM
So, one of our dev PlayBook turned into a brick (no light whatsoever), how do we get it repaired? BlackBerry only seems to offer 90 days or ticket based support.
Turned into a brick.. how?
No red LED, nothing?
And you've tried the charging and powering solutions posted in this thread?
02-02-2013 04:35 AM
@knottyrope - Thanks. I wanted to call them on Monday, but things have changed, for the better.
@JSanders - Yes, there was no LED, nothing
Here is what happened:
-Thing was unsused for a long time and the person using it tried to charge it by plugging it into a computer, but it could never be turned on
- The device was handed over to me to take a look at it and I came to this thread.
- I left it to charge overnight
- The next day, I tried everything I read about on here and at first I did have a red light lighting up for a few seconds, but as time passed trying to boot it while connected to BlackBerry desktop, the red light would turn on for shorter and shorter amount of times.
- I decided to let it charge for 24h
- After 24h, the PB was a brick. No more red light, nothing.
- I unplugged it for a few hours and later on decided to plug it again. This time I got a red light and when pressing the power on button I could see the battery meter on screen
- After leaving it to charge for another night, the PB was operational again and could be updated and setup.
All this to say that even if the PB looks like a brick, there may still be hope. I'm quite surprised by this design flaw, but I'm glad it's working again.
02-02-2013 04:46 AM
You say you tried everything - you did use a proper charger or a rspid charger? You know presumably that playbook will not take any charge ffom PC or indeed any USB source with a standard cable?
02-02-2013 06:03 AM
02-02-2013 06:18 AM
ok, now that you've told us everything... that PlayBook is savable, by doing all that you've been doing.
Keep charging it with the wall outlet charger...24 hours and more... every few hours press and hold the power button only for 20 seconds. After a while you'll see the red LED again and then the no battery icon onscreen. Keep charging.
And if you really want to save it, get the magnetic rapid charger from Amazon for about 18$USD.