Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

Nope. Don't work there. I fly corporate jets for a living. If you read this thread before posting in it you'd see how many people sent theirs back and had issues resolved. Mist of the charging issues have been bad chargers or broken USB ports. The magnetic charger is best, again as so suggested in this thread many times.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
shannanbuffolino
My Device: blackberry playbook 16gb and 32gb
My Carrier: not relevant

Oh ok so you if read previous comment I would have known that you don't work for blackberry and that you fly jets. Oh I should have "read" what you wrote because you "wrote it on the internet so it must ne true. Funny
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Good luck with your four problem Playbooks. I won't be attempting to help you since you're convinced nothing I say is true.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Oy x2

shannanbuffolino, you just dissed one of the most knowledgeable PlayBook users in this forum. He could have helped you.

Please. Please go read this thread and then come back and ask any questions you might have.

Please.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
shannanbuffolino

Ok. Ok Sanders, don't take anything personal. Please. If you thinm dissing you is my goal then you are mistaken, and I apologize, but please understand my issue. I bought 4 of the playbooks, 2 for my sons, one for my niece and one for me. We all took extreme care and never dropped..got wet or any abuse. I mostly used mine to record my one sons wrestling tounaments and my other sons baseball gamez. Then mine died one time and put on charger..wouldn't charge so I though hmmm. Maybe this charger has turned crappy so I attempted using my sons charger..same exact one...left it overnight too..nothing
.dead. and within a month the other 2 did the same thing..then talkex to my niece who lives far away and guess what? Same thing..so here we have 4 total..can't get pics.or anything else and videoz and pics were so sentimental too me...and blackberry didn't do anything except give me the runaround. I actually was so upset that I put them in my drawer because when I would see them I got that pit in the stomach feeling that you get but try to ignore..but then I go
Please use plain text.
Contributor
shannanbuffolino

Ok. Ok Sanders, don't take anything personal. Please. If you thinm dissing you is my goal then you are mistaken, and I apologize, but please understand my issue. I bought 4 of the playbooks, 2 for my sons, one for my niece and one for me. We all took extreme care and never dropped..got wet or any abuse. I mostly used mine to record my one sons wrestling tounaments and my other sons baseball gamez. Then mine died one time and put on charger..wouldn't charge so I though hmmm. Maybe this charger has turned crappy so I attempted using my sons charger..same exact one...left it overnight too..nothing
.dead. and within a month the other 2 did the same thing..then talkex to my niece who lives far away and guess what? Same thing..so here we have 4 total..can't get pics.or anything else and videoz and pics were so sentimental too me...and blackberry didn't do anything except give me the runaround. I actually was so upset that I put them in my drawer because when I would see them I got that pit in the stomach feeling that you get but try to ignore..but then I go on here many months later after my son asked again about his playbook and made a comment and the reply I get is yours saying you never had a problem and blackberry always fixes issues with the playbook..but for us..not the case and infact..complete polar opposite. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

No problem, I'm taking nothing personal yet as you haven't insulted Me yet ( i do think you owe John an apology).

So, let us know she you've read the solutions in this thread and if you have any questions about how to revive your PlayBooks.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hvymtlgds
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: verizon

I don't know who has answered your complaint, but we also have 4 of them and yes we have lost two chargers now, and one of the micro USB ports are also dead ( my wifes)  We finally bought a magnetif charger and after about two hours the light stopped blinking an turned green, it did turn on.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TallNFunny
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

I believe John_Clarke (and other knowledgable, RATIONAL posters) knows what he's talking about (obviously). I had MAJOR problems earlier this year and found that many of the tips and tricks in this thread very useful and many of them worked (albeit temporarily as my Playbook ended up dying). Once my Playbook no longer responded to anything I read about, I was treated very well by Blackberry support for quite some time and ultimately sent a replacement Playbook even though mine was outside the warranty period. I think an outcry for a recall is a bit extreme, but that's just me.

Please use plain text.
Developer
gmsm
My Device: Pearl 9105 - Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: Tigo

I had this problem a year ago with a new playbook with 2 days of use. I didnt charge it and found this issue, I have done all the tricks but didn't seem to work, finally a left it charging like 4 days and one of the tricks worked.
It all depends on version you have installed and the blinking indicators.

Maybe your mistake was not to have an updated system.
Pearl 9105 6.0 Bundle 2950
Playbook 2.1.0.1032
Please use plain text.