Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Andre_Costa74
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

J.Sanders,
I believe you are completely right. I've tried almost everything to bring my PB back to life.
Although, anything works.
I just feelt like a fool trying stupid tips when BackBerry doesn't move a finger to solve a product problem that appears need a recall.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Andre_Costa74 wrote:
J.Sanders,
I believe you are completely right. I've tried almost everything to bring my PB back to life.
Although, anything works.
I just feelt like a fool trying stupid tips when BackBerry doesn't move a finger to solve a product problem that appears need a recall.

HEY, they are not stupid tips,  ok?

My Carrier: Vodafone

I do not want to be rude, I now that there are too many people posting tips very helpful for many bb applications and troubleshooting, and its a memorable work group. I believe that share knowledge is a way to develop new ways of do somenthing or discover something. But, in this situation the tips just show how big is this problem, its like a conceptual sistem trouble that puts BB in an bad situation with your clients, just because everybody knows that BB has a solution for this troubleshooting and doesnt say a word for us to fix it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
itsreallycheryl
My Carrier: Verizon

I just got my Blackberry Playbook last week. This is the only tablet I have ever had so it's all new to me. I don't have a mobile account but use the Wi Fi from my main computer. (I hope that explains it correctly)

I just finished recording a video and then shut my Playbook down and closed the cover over it while I carried it inside. I went to view the video about 10 minutes later and it seemed to not be turning on, but it also has a bit of a "glow" to it which made me wonder if it had not shut down in the first place. I pressed the button an few times hoping it would either shut down or turn on, but nothing happened. I then came online to read your suggestion of holding the button for 20 seconds, and that made it "really" turn off. I could tell as it was really black, and before the screen had a slightly colored glow to it.

Thank you for your help! :Balloon:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

itsreallycheryl wrote:

I just got my Blackberry Playbook last week. This is the only tablet I have ever had so it's all new to me. I don't have a mobile account but use the Wi Fi from my main computer. (I hope that explains it correctly)

I just finished recording a video and then shut my Playbook down and closed the cover over it while I carried it inside. I went to view the video about 10 minutes later and it seemed to not be turning on, but it also has a bit of a "glow" to it which made me wonder if it had not shut down in the first place. I pressed the button an few times hoping it would either shut down or turn on, but nothing happened. I then came online to read your suggestion of holding the button for 20 seconds, and that made it "really" turn off. I could tell as it was really black, and before the screen had a slightly colored glow to it.

Thank you for your help! :Balloon:

That's great, and well observed.  I never cover the screen until I know it is off properly. I have noticed the case stops it shuttong down.  

The 20second hold on power button has replaced the "three button reset" you may have read about.

On this subject your next purchase must be a rapid charger or charging dock that use the three pin port next to the micro usb which is very delicate. 

Combination of busted usb and/or leaving playbook to drain on glowing backlight makes up the major cause of problems on this thread. (IMHO)

My Device: z10
My Carrier: bsnl

turn off auto updates it will also helps you to save your battery..
Please use plain text.
Developer
gmsm
My Device: Pearl 9105 - Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: Tigo

When this happened to me I left it charging about 4 days.

It depends in your os version, you should review the kb articles http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/microsite.do?lang=es-es
Pearl 9105 6.0 Bundle 2950
Playbook 2.1.0.1032
Please use plain text.
FlaviaGuerra
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Wi Fi

You Were marvellous. Really Thaks for this hint!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
crazydave
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Primus

What I actually did was, cause I luv the PB so much was get a bb poewrcharger it even plugs in in a different place~ that took total care of it xept for one day.. & I think that's because where i got it from the tech staff  gave me a semi-semi faulty charger.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,840
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

crazydave, that's called the PlayBook magnetic rapid charger. It's greatly useful, and has been recommended here many many times for the same issue you were having.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.