Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier
Accepted Solution

Play book wont power up or light just blinks

[ Edited ]

I had this issue and found a fix for it.

Facts:

PlayBook will not charge if powered off

Cant charge if PlayBook can not boot up.

My Fix

Connect to the supplied PlayBook power charger, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds to force a reboot.

During the rebbot it will charge up.

or

Connect to desktop manager (use latest version please) with your PC using the Micro USB cable and press and hold the power button down for 20 seconds.

Some older version of the OS might need the + and - volume keys held at same time while the power button is held down.

Since after going with the OS 1710, power features have been better and not as much loss of battery life when screen goes black and not powered off with all apps closed.

Some good info:

The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is unable to charge when powered off

BlackBerry PlayBook tablet fails to boot and displays flashing red LED in sequence blink blink pause...

BlackBerry PlayBook Power - Battery charge and discharge characteristics

Battery and power guide for the BlackBerry PlayBook

How to use the BlackBerry PlayBook power button

Could try to lift the USB connector as shown in this post

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DanaD
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

Thanks, my PB was frozen. I shut it down with the power button, but then it wouldn't start again. Holding down the power button for at least 10 seconds got it to reboot finally.
The power button is a pain to hold down - I had to use a key.
Please use plain text.
Developer
brentcameron
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Use the fleshy part of your finger/thumb.  You don't need to use a lot of force.  By the way, the BlackBerry Convertable Leather case has raised power/volume buttons for people that are really upset by this stupid power button issue (stupid because I just don't see why people need to be pushing the power button on a tablet... mine hasn't been pushed since I first turned it on over a week ago now.

Best regards,

Brent

If you found my post helpful, please thank me with a Kudo. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I left mine on for the past 24 hours and just charged it at 17%. Battery life is good on the PlayBook.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Dissapointed
My Carrier: Rogers

Had the same problem. Charged it overnight. Ni change. Returned the whole thing to Bestbuy this morning. It should have lasted more than a week. Not satisfied at all.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope

I have yet to see a battery last a whole week on a tablet or PC.

When you charged it, was the PlayBook powered on?

Please use plain text.
RJK
Contributor
RJK

Dissapointed wrote:

Had the same problem. Charged it overnight. Ni change. Returned the whole thing to Bestbuy this morning. It should have lasted more than a week. Not satisfied at all.

I've never had any modern device last a week on a charge, especially if used.  My smartphone will last 5 days if used infrequently, but if used for browsing, watching videos etc I'll get no more than a day or so out if it.

Heck, if the "user tablet of choice" iPad (bleuch) won't last more than a day or so I certainly wouldn't expect a PB (which is faster and more powerful) to do the same.

2 days max would be my expectation, and to be totally honest I think you're being unrealistic here if you think a week is reasonable.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Meaghie02
My Carrier: Telus

yeah...i don't know anyone with a mobile device that lasts a week on a single charge when the device is being used on a regular basis. Some transactions use more juice than others. For instance youtube videos use more battery life than plain web text browsing.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Dissapointed
My Carrier: Rogers

To all of you who thought I was saying that  I went a week without a charge, I did not. No electronic device goes a week of use with the battery not dying. I am not a **bleep**.  I clarify that I have charged the playbook numerous times during that period., It was working fine. Then on day 7, with a full charge in place, it died , started blinking, and would not turn on. There is a serious defect in the blackbery playbook design and/or the operating system . Check the web, there are many many people with the same issue. I have no quams in returning it to bestbuy. I wish you all luck with your units, but do not be surprised if yours starts blinking as well.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
teylewr
My Carrier: none

I have a similar issue..but it wont turn on when I do the reset to charge...did yours do any green light blinking?
Please use plain text.