Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

From reading the history of the grief you are going through, I would take the unit back to the store and let them send it out for service. If it is a store that has an exchange policy within a specific number of days they will most likely give you a new one.

I did read somewhere that when the Play Book will not charge with the charger it came with because it was over-discharged, it may take charge using the RIM high speed charger for it. This is the larger charger that uses the magnetic connector on the bottom. This charger is about double the charge rate power than the Play Book regular charger. What I am mentioning here is not official information. I read this some time ago in usenet news group.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lrfagan
My Device: Blackberry Playbook, Blackberry 9550
My Carrier: Digicel

@ popwill. connect it to pc and launch desktop manager. it will tell you to retry or update in an attempt to get a connection to the pb. do a software update but remember that it will wipe everything. thats how i got mine to work..... hope u get through tho..........

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
popwill
My Device: Playbook, Torch, Bold
My Carrier: PCCW

[ Edited ]

Thanks. Tried that. Message on computer says it cant connect to the Playbook. Will take it into the shop and attempt to get it fixed / replacement / refund. Whichever they offer. Guess I need to fire the other tablet back up...

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50

The PB cannot properly charge from a computer. If the battery is too weak it will not even read.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
2000ali
My Device: playbook 32gb

Help! I cannot power up my playbook. The apps weren't opening (icon would fade but app wouldn't open), and I noticed the low battery sign (battery icon yellow). Touched it to see %left and it took a long time to show - 11% Put on charger - BB rapid charging stand for 2 hours. Tried power button for 10 sec+ and power + vol up + vol down. Nothing happened. Now trying charger that came with PB.
Is there anything else to try? Both chargers are working, as verified with husband's playbook.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
2000ali
My Device: playbook 32gb

P.S. When looking at battery life, I couldn't get standby to work either. And I have NO lights coming on.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50

I would call Play Book support. Probably has a defect. When new out of the box, the PB should be able to charge up, initialize, and run properly.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
yahayash
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Hello Jerry.
My BP wont power up, it blinks red light at interval. Have tried all the possible ways to power it up, but still no result. Kindly assist.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50

If you tried the standard processes to recover the PB, the suggestion is to contact PB support. It will most likely require service. They may also come up with a suggestion that nobody in the support group thought of. Anything is possible. In the worse case it will require service.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
mnsalvarez
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone Australia

I tried the reboot suggestion after my playbook would not start or recharge and it worked!!! Thanks!!!
Please use plain text.