Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

Ya. That happens to me as well. Just charge it with the wall charger cause charging it from the usb ports will take a lot of time
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16g
My Carrier: n/a

@brentcameron

" I just don't see why people need to be pushing the power button on a tablet... mine hasn't been pushed since I first turned it on over a week ago now."

huh?  how else would you turn the device on and off other than pressing the power button?

Solutions: 6,136
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You can turn it off by touching the battery icon > turn off.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

thanks for the tip, if my PB ever starts again, I'll try it....

Solutions: 6,136
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Cool. I see you're learning quite a bit tonight.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

thanks , unfortunately I'm learning a lot more than I really want to know about these things

Honestly, I'm just sick about this, I'm down to two not so nice choices;

give up and RMA but lose the important data in the device

or

crack the cover and try to jump-start it manually but forego any remedy to have it repaired under warranty

come to think of it, I'm not sure that this actually gives me TWO choices :smileysad:

My Carrier: 4189347574

Facts:

PlayBook will not charge.

My Fix

Connect to the Samsung Galaxy power charger, it will charge up.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I've had my PB for well over a year now and I never really had any issue with it. I have it running the latest PB OS and take it everywhere I go for both business and liesure.

Just a few days ago, I was running an application on it and I think I left it running which probably run down the battery quicker. I didnt get to use the PB that evening and when I got back to the office the next morning, it didnt turn on so I figured the battery was flat and I plugged it in. However, the red indicator light came on for 20 seconds and then went off. I waited thinking it was trying to boot up as I have seen this happen a few times whenever I run out of juice on the device, but nothing happened. I unplugged and plugged back, same thing happened. So i left it for a while plugged in and went about my other activities. When i did get back, 4 hours later, it still wasnt powered on and when I pushed the power button, nothing happened. I took it home, plugged it in for the whole night and after 9 hours of charge, situation remained the same.

I came online and realized there were so many issues like this with no serious remedy.

I have tried ALL the suggestions, stack charging, pushing the reset buttons for 20 seconds, charging with USB connected to a PC etc, but the best I ever got was the device giving a steady red indicator light for 20 seconds after its plugged into a power source and then nothing. Recently, I dont even get the red indicator stay for 20seconds anymore, it barely stays for 5 seconds now.

I'm so sad right now cause of the possibility that I may loose my data as the last backup I did was in April, and the most important of the info here is my baby daughter's pictures, so moments that really cant be relived :smileysad:

The things I am yet to try are plugging in to a car charger and also maybe trying a Samsung Galaxy charger, though I doubt this would make any difference.

Anyone have any other suggestion before I ship this thing back to RIM for possible repairs?

New Contributor
My Carrier: Sprint

Welcome to my world. Don't expect a solution. RIM won't respond to you or to any of all the people who has been writing here or anywhere else. The Playbook it is the worst tablet in the market, I regret 100% buying this product with zero customer/technical support also lack of warranty. Got my Playbook last Nov 2011, in February2012 started with the On-Off Battery issue and since then nobody from RIM has responded the petitions to sort this matter. I'm exhausted pressing buttons for 10-20 secs. Plug and unplugged the rapid charger or any charger, you name it... The Playbook erratic behavior is the reflect of a bad software and defective product that shouldn't  been on the market.

And I am not going to respond any message to the RIM nerdy fans that seems to be getting paid by RIM to give "advice" here posting indefinite messages about "how to press two buttons and count to 10 to restart" or "how you dare to switch off the playbook" or getting preached for "allowing the tablet battery to discharge"... 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: sprint

PEOPLE PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE. This is as true as it gets. There is nothing possitive about RIM, this is the worst product on the market and mark my words that Blackberry will be filing for bankruptcy soon for releasing the worst product on the market and NOT SUPPORTING IT!!!

Any of the posts that say anything positve about the blackberry tablet is a Lie and the people work for or are being paid by blackberry. I will welcome the day someone from Blackberry actually reaches out to me to make my experience right by getting  me a product that works.

As I mentioned in a previous post, when Blackberry finally replaced my book, they sent me a referbished unit that does not work properly. I have no time to keep chasing them and waiting on hold and being given the run around at their call centers...