Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Developer
greg209
My Device: Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: n/a

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

My PlayBook battery went down to nearly 0%. Plugged it into the supplied charger and switch it on then it went into a continuous rebooting cycle. Red led for a while, few second delay, then BlackBerry splash page for a second or so - then back to rebooting.

Tried everything for 2.5 days - nothing worked.

My lucky/dodgey/frustrated solution was to repeatedly press the power button during the boot cycle - and it sprang into life.

Check out the full story here.

Cheers

Greg

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

PlayBook will charge while powered off now with OS 1.0.5

Head over to the Inside BlackBerry Blog for more details of the changelog on this upgrade. 

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Developer
greg209
My Device: Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: n/a

Hopefully, my recent experiences wont be repeated then :Clap:

Greg

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I sure hope not.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Alynissio
My Device: Playbook & Torch
My Carrier: KPN

Hi,

Have you pressed the button when the red LED was on or off?

How long have you pressed the button?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

With the latest OS update the Playbook should charge while shut down.

In any case it is not advisable to let the battery run down to zero in any device. It can make the device not very stable. As for the battery level itself, the device will normally shut down before the battery goes absolutely dead.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leodushi
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: not available

Hi there!

Don't know if you've already solved this but here is the correct answer to that. Sometimes there is a glitch in the software that causes PB to freeze and when you try to reboot it gives you a red led code, blinking red led usually twice.

In this case, there is no real solution but there is a working workaround, which is to update your PB software through BlackBerry Desktop Software.

- Connect your PB to your computer and make sure you're running BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0.2 at least.

- While connected, click "Update" on Desktop Software.

- to download an update, select "Get update"

or

- to view other available software versions, click "View other versions". If applicable, select another version. Click "Install".

If you wish to receive emails when new updates are available, check the box "Email me when new versions are available".

- Click "Install Update".

ATT: During the whole time of installation, DO NOT unplug your PB from your computer.

When it is finished installing, disconnect your PB from the computer and reboot. It should start with no issues.

Please let me know if this worked! :-)

Have fun!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I was under the impression, with the new PB software version this type of problem was fixed.

On several occasions I had the PB lockup on me. I found having too manmy browser windows open along with many apps at the same time can cause a lockup condition.

Apparently, it seems there is no warning for low resources (I never seen any low resources warnings) as like we would see on other computers. If there was a 10% resources remaining advanced warning at least, the user can close some apps to prevent a lockup.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Has_78
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hey friends, I have Torch 9800 and after reviewing PB I tink to buy it in UK. Can Anyone suggest me from where can I  buy Playbook with exclusive dealsin UK?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rutibrom
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Hi

since this deal with battery life on the PlayBook is getting so much attention I thought this information might be useful:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/27018/Extending_battery_life_1480923_11....

Please use plain text.